Tamiya 1/35 M4A3 Sherman

A_J_Rimmer

SMF Supporter
First Name
Arnold
Not bad at all. A more modern Sherman kit next? ;)

Oh completely - I do have Tamiya's 'Easy Eight' kit in the stash but I shall definitely be looking elsewhere for the next Sherman - any suggestions?

Thanks Muchly!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6598

Oh completely - I do have Tamiya's 'Easy Eight' kit in the stash but I shall definitely be looking elsewhere for the next Sherman - any suggestions?
The Tamiya HVSS ones are already much better than this one, but if you want a modern Sherman kit, go Asuka, Meng or Rye Field Model. My own preference is Asuka, as the RFM kit I built was slightly less refined in terms of build quality but had slightly better detail in some areas; I’ve not built the Meng one I also have in the stash but it looks quite good, too.

A_J_Rimmer

SMF Supporter
First Name
Arnold
The Tamiya HVSS ones are already much better than this one, but if you want a modern Sherman kit, go Asuka, Meng or Rye Field Model. My own preference is Asuka, as the RFM kit I built was slightly less refined in terms of build quality but had slightly better detail in some areas; I’ve not built the Meng one I also have in the stash but it looks quite good, too.

Thanks Jakko, I'll check the Asuka one out.

D

Deleted member 6598

If you want a fun comparison, pick one of their large-hatch 75 mm M4A3 kits — basically the same variant as this Tamiya kit — and see how it compares :smiling3:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
That's finding coming on very nicely indeed.

And don't worry about the figures..... If my early ones looked that good I'd be very pleased!

Keep up the good work.

Andrew

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
That's a great looking Sherman Arnold. I think if I ever get around to building a large scale tank, it will be a Sherman.

A_J_Rimmer

SMF Supporter
First Name
Arnold
Pretty much finished this - thanks Chaps for all your help.

IMG-9630.jpg

IMG-9629.jpg

IMG-9628.jpg

IMG-9627.jpg

IMG-9627.jpg

IMG-9626.jpg

IMG-9625.jpg

Really pleased with how it came out - I shall look forward to building another.

Not sure my cat was impressed however...

IMG-9637.jpg

Thanks All!

A_J_Rimmer

SMF Supporter
First Name
Arnold
That's finding coming on very nicely indeed.

And don't worry about the figures..... If my early ones looked that good I'd be very pleased!

Keep up the good work.

Andrew

Thanks Andrew!

I'm looking forward to painting a few more.

D

Deleted member 6598

Looking pretty good there — though I will mention that you put the left-hand track on backwards :smiling3:

A_J_Rimmer

SMF Supporter
First Name
Arnold
Looking pretty good there — though I will mention that you put the left-hand track on backwards :smiling3:

Thanks Jakko.

lo! yeah, annoyingly I had it on the correct way initially, but when I took it off and the re-fitted it to sort out the sag I missed that it'd gone on the wrong way around. Never mind, I have seen at least one photo of an in-service Sherman with one the tracks running the wrong way so I'll live with it.