trumpperter 1/32 scale F14D

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Excellent work Chris. Looking the business with all the lights on….

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
You can just imagine the F-14 down in the hangar going through a full pre-flight inspection, all lit up and panels open.
This has been a remarkable journey, some pot holes along the way but now all filled in and a smooth road ahead.
Well done Chris, this model is a total credit to your skills. And a 5***** model at the end.
WOW Mike what a post brilliant it is as you are now thinkin how i was when i started this build of yes in a hangar an bein worked on by the tecks an havin all the panels open to be checked off an you sayin 5 star model well i wont go that far as some parts dint fit properly but yes she turned out ok in the end many thanks SIR an much appeciated CHEERS an YES THERE WERE CERTAINLY PLENTY OF POTHOLES ALONG THE WAY LOL
ATB SIR
chrisb

Excellent work Chris. Looking the business with all the lights on….
AN thank you also Tim yes the lights certainly bring a model to life thats why i fitted them to my big warships an several members of the public mention this an say they like so to me i know im doin the moddelin right an yes she does look a bit sinister with the light an that big skull an crossbones on the tail makes the model in my opinion
CHEERS SIR
chrisb

Nearly missed this one and despite all the problems you certainly pulled out of the bag nice one
AN HI Peter how goes the job hunt ? anthing by chance ? an yes its easy to miss builds on this fab forum as there is so many members all doin their own models which is how a forum should be an thank you for sayin i built a nice one as i dint think it was goin to happen so im a bit amazed but it was with jens help steadyin my wrist when i got the shakes but only happens when i try to hard an get stressed so thanks to her also as she likes modelin but does diamon art for her hobby an how are you gettin on with them new wheels sir ?
CHEERS
chris an jen

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
AN HI Peter how goes the job hunt ?
At the moment I haven't a decent cv as it ten years out of date so I have lots of help with that side money side is sorted housing benefit is also I don't have to worry about kits as I have a large stash plus the bismarck will keep me happy for a few months or more

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
At the moment I haven't a decent cv as it ten years out of date so I have lots of help with that side money side is sorted housing benefit is also I don't have to worry about kits as I have a large stash plus the bismarck will keep me happy for a few months or more
WELL Peter we hope things work out for you on the job front an yes be nice to see you finish off that big enterprise is the model ive been waiting to see come to compleshion or have you built it an i missed it ? but good luck on that big bismark
ATB
C /J

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
how are you gettin on with them new wheels sir ?
Still in the garage as the previous owner paid £2000 to rebuild the engines but I was a rather shoddy Job so most of it had to be redone but hopefully I should have it in a couple weeks time

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Still in the garage as the previous owner paid £2000 to rebuild the engines but I was a rather shoddy Job so most of it had to be redone but hopefully I should have it in a couple weeks time
WOW Peter we hope you get your wheels back again soon as id be lost without our car as we live out in the sticks an no wheels we be helpless
C

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Ive been following from the back row chris - its a superb achievement that you ended up with this after all the problems it threw at you during the build . You should be well chuffed , it fought long and hard but you beat it ! Looks amazing with all the lights on , cheers tony

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Ive been following from the back row chris - its a superb achievement that you ended up with this after all the problems it threw at you during the build . You should be well chuffed , it fought long and hard but you beat it ! Looks amazing with all the lights on , cheers tony
HI Tony yes im chuffed with it an the build it did present a few probs yes an more lol but i like a challange in the model i admit it but not this much that i had but a few to keep me on my toes as if it went togeather easy id be bored with it an it would be built in a week or so an thats not for me perhaps im a gluten for punishment i dont know but i love workin out how to get over probs an jen also at times comes up with a good idea so i got help lol an admit i nearly reiasedthe white flag once due to these decals just fallin apart as i dint want to buy more after market decals as they could have been the same again so how this hornet will go is any bodys geuss as its not up to my exspecktaions an not very detailed but im goin to try an make it with hatch paneles opening an lights an such but i havnt yet looked through the kit probelrly an glad you also liked how she turned out
CHEERS
chrisb

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Chris that's really looking very good indeed and that's just the kit!! The lights on top really do add to the effect, especially in the dark.

Very well done indeed!

ATB

Andrew

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
An excellent build, Chris. Been following along from the back row. The lighting takes it to a whole other level.
John.

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
For a build that has really tested your patience and resolve, you've fought every step of the way with ill fitting parts and alignment issues, that aside you've certainly wrestled her into shape and turned her into a very commendable build, she's looks gorgeous all lit up,

now grab a brew with a biscuit or two and sit back and enjoy this beauty you've created...
well done mate...well done indeed.. :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris that's really looking very good indeed and that's just the kit!! The lights on top really do add to the effect, especially in the dark.

Very well done indeed!

ATB

Andrew

Very well done indeed!

ATB

Andrew
THANKS Andrew yes she looks good in the dark just like the real plane an it would have been a good build if not for the probs
chris

An excellent build, Chris. Been following along from the back row. The lighting takes it to a whole other level.
John.
HI John yes she looks good in the dark just like the real plane an it would have been a good build if not for the probs
chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
For a build that has really tested your patience and resolve, you've fought every step of the way with ill fitting parts and alignment issues, that aside you've certainly wrestled her into shape and turned her into a very commendable build, she's looks gorgeous all lit up,

now grab a brew with a biscuit or two and sit back and enjoy this beauty you've created...
well done mate...well done indeed.. :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2:
WOW Chris i dint think all you guys would like it this much im running out of what to say about this build but im really glad you all like her an cheers for all the thumbs up
chrisb

Looks awesome mate!!! You should be well.proud of that, cockpit lights are my favourite
AN HI James yes they do look rather good an glad you are likein the build what plane wil you build when home again ?
chrisb

Fantastic work Chris.
cheers IAN THANKS

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
End result is well worthy of all your effort Chris!
Steve
HI Steve yes im pleased at how she turned out an end i dint think would happen as i was very lucky at the build end as them main skull an cross bones decal stayed whole an it was mainly just that yellow an black cockpit stripe that played up by splintering but again i was lucky by havin the right colour paints to hand to just touch up so all in all i was just lucky that my efforts paid off with jens help but this is a build i would not want to do again but i learnt a lot of how to plastic model in the 7 months build
CHEERS for lookin in an your nice comments
ATB
Chrisb

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Ooh very nice indeed Chris.
Matron loves the lights, and so do the committee as they have awarded you
download THE DOGS.jpg
Congratulations , not an easy build and you coped extremely well with those electrics.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Ooh very nice indeed Chris.
Matron loves the lights, and so do the committee as they have awarded you
View attachment 514267
Congratulations , not an easy build and you coped extremely well with those electrics.
HI J/R tell Matron an commitee many thanks for thinkin of me an lookin through the pics of the tomcat this award makes all the hassle i had in the build worthwhile tell them much apprecaited by me
Chrisb an jen