SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Very nice Chris, glad you stuck at it and were able to produce a great result

Tworrs

SMF Supporter
First Name
Garry
Well Chris, I have to say that you have really hit the ball out of the park with this one.
I do expect something extraordinary very time you build a model, but this one goes a step further.
Seriously well done mate.
ATB
Garry

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Very nice Chris, glad you stuck at it and were able to produce a great result
thanks flyjoe180 yes it took some patience all right as i was near to given up at one time but havin a break from it for a few hrs made my stubbon streak rise up an get back in the mode an mojo came back to make me want to finish it off fairley good with jens help
cheers fo your nice comments
ATB Chrisb

Well Chris, I have to say that you have really hit the ball out of the park with this one.
I do expect something extraordinary very time you build a model, but this one goes a step further.
Seriously well done mate.
ATB
Garry
AN MANY THANKS to you Garry an yes im glad i stuck at it an yes the big cat came out better than i thought it would as yes very difficult build but i love a challenge as thats what modelin is all about
cheers sir
A great result Chris well done.
AN to you also Steve thanks
chrisb

A_J_Rimmer

SMF Supporter
First Name
Arnold
My apologies Chris, I really thought I'd left a comment - that'll teach me for reading posts on my kindle just before bed lol!

Excellent work sir, my hats off to you. A challenging build but you definitely bested it. The lighting looks superb! (And an entertaining build thread). :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
My apologies Chris, I really thought I'd left a comment - that'll teach me for reading posts on my kindle just before bed lol!

Excellent work sir, my hats off to you. A challenging build but you definitely bested it. The lighting looks superb! (And an entertaining build thread). :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2:
AN HI Arnie no need to apolagise as we all cant keep up with everything on this wonderfull forum as so many models an post bein put on an yes it was a very challenging build an really made me work at it an thank goodness for jens help an glad you liked the finished model an lights an all but i would not want to build this kit again but i'll say this the model is very detailed even without what extras i added to it an that why im a bit dissapointed with the superhornet im now startin to build but when done an lit up an in the lovely red sqr colours of them diamon backs it may look ok an thanks for your nice comments Arnie AN I'LL BE BACK with the next build lol

chrisb

Andy T

It's all in the wrist
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I don't know how I missed the finish of this Chris!

A beautiful result and the lighting makes it really special.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
I don't know how I missed the finish of this Chris!

A beautiful result and the lighting makes it really special.
AN HI Andy yes its easy to miss things on this wonderfull forum as there is so many members posting their builds as yes i miss some good builds too an thnk you sir for you nice comments on my TOMCAT as i thought this may end up in the bin due to bad fitting an the decals all splintering just as well that them big skull an cross bones stay togeather ok or i would have had to order some more an they are now gettin costly an i have just been fittin on the REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT TAGS as i oredered them 5 yrs ago an completely forgot about them untill i just sat lookin at the plane on display an it hit me with a there is something missin off the plane but managed now to fit some on the sidewinder missles so at least ive used up 2 of them an will save the rest to put on the S-HORNET
ATB Andy to you an your family
chris an jen the assitant helper

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Wow, pretty impressive how you've got the cockpit and nav lights up and running, awesome. That's a sweet build, Chris!
MANY THANKS Ski yes i try to get as much as possible workin on any model i make an im goin to try more on the super hornet build just got to hope i dont get let down by a bad fit an bad decals like the probs i had on the tomcat an im now goin to post some build pics on my hornet build of what ive done today not much a open an closein hatch but there is a fair amount of work goin into it
ATB SIR
chrisb an jen

AN Ski keep an eye out for Matron as she will want to check you out with her big blunt needles as when she caught me i could not sit down for day oh dear she gets everyone sooner or later lol
Chrisb

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Very nice Chris. I love the night time pictures, very 'moody'. Great stuff.

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Sorry Chris, very late to the party with this,but what a fantastic job you've done in the face of all those problems. ! Congratulations, one to be very proud of.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I think I’m going mad. I could have sworn I’d already posted about your terrific large scale Tomcat????!!!!

Terrific job on the F14, it really looks the biz with all the lights. Enterprise is looking awesome too!
ATB
Paul

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Very nice Chris. I love the night time pictures, very 'moody'. Great stuff.
Chris, that's a beauty mate. Out standing work on the lights and open panels.
Sorry Chris, very late to the party with this,but what a fantastic job you've done in the face of all those problems. ! Congratulations, one to be very proud of.
I think I’m going mad. I could have sworn I’d already posted about your terrific large scale Tomcat????!!!!

Terrific job on the F14, it really looks the biz with all the lights. Enterprise is looking awesome too!
ATB
Paul
MANY THANKS all you guys for your very nice comments on my super tomcat an enterprise builds yes they were a lot of work building an fittin in all the lights an on the tomcat as its just like the real plane but the real plane has more lights such as formation lights as well about another 15 or so but for me these are a step to far as ive seen some other modeler try an light these up an to me it just dint work or look right but if he was happy with it then all well an good but i would never try them as to difficult
ATB Guys cheers
chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN regardin these formation lights on aircraft well i studyied how he went about it an what he did was he cut out the panel line for the formation lights in the kit an cut an shaped a bit of not clear acetate but a yellowy acetate plastic strip an gluded them all in place an then fitted small weak white led's behind the actetate but this is just my opinion but i think he made it to thick an the light just did not penetrate that acetate at the proper levels some worked but not all if he had made the acetate thinner then the idea may have worked but to me the overall effect was just not worth all the work effort it entailed so for me no way
chrisb