1/24 messerschmitt bf 109 e 3 or 4

D

dubster72

That looks great Ole, lot's of good details in there. I think you'll make an excellent job of this as usual.

Cheers

Patrick

M

mobear

thnx guys for that and steve for bf109 E and not G cockpit lol,will keep you all updated when things progress more

mobear,

ps errrmmm not too sure of placement yet,looking like the twins are getting decamped lol,it will have pride of place in the corner of living room

Last edited:
B

Buttonman

If you put it in the corner with an engine you could use it as a fan. Well maybe not at mo eh more like a snow blower.

Keep safe and warm mobear

Martin

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Well done on the cockpit. These WW2 cockpits are actually quite simple. The principle reason that they look so busy is that they are unbelievably small. I'm 5'9" tall and fairly heavily built (I said heavily built,not fat!) and have sat in a Bf109 cockpit. I barely fitted inside,shoulders touched the sides and my head,with no parachute,just a cushion,touched the the canopy roof. The idea of entering mortal combat in that space is not an attractive one. Trying to look behind was nigh on impossible.

Cheers

Steve

M

mobear

the thing with the cockpit was the fact that even in films there just seemed to be more to it than what was in the box,so make it more authentic i wanted the layout for the switches for the E type and not the G but thnx for the heads up

mobear

C

Cooperman69

\ said:
Well done on the cockpit. These WW2 cockpits are actually quite simple. The principle reason that they look so busy is that they are unbelievably small. I'm 5'9" tall and fairly heavily built (I said heavily built,not fat!) and have sat in a Bf109 cockpit. I barely fitted inside,shoulders touched the sides and my head,with no parachute,just a cushion,touched the the canopy roof. The idea of entering mortal combat in that space is not an attractive one. Trying to look behind was nigh on impossible.Cheers

Steve
Hi Steve,

How did you manage to get to sit inside a Bf109 then? Must of been an experience.

Atb, Colin.

D

dubster72

Those old Airfix kits have a reputation for being pain's to fit together. But try your hand at an Eastern Express armour kit Ole, then you'll know frustration!

Looking good though mate, it's gonna be great!

Cheers

Patrick

M

mobear

hahahahaha and errrm let me think about that!!!!!! no thanks,lol,will be starting to put an idea together which includes 6 tanks artillery mortar teams one jeep and around 20 figures axis and allies,for a battle of the bulge type senario,so i watch all the armour and figure painters for techniques,all in 1/35 scale hopefully

mobear

ps so im looking for the easiest builders not screamers lol

D

dubster72

lol stick with Tamiya stuff then Ole, they're usually 'shake n make' & you'll be fine.

Cheers

Patrick

First Name
Aaron
6 Tanks! 20 figs! Awesome ill look forward to that one buddy.

M

mobear

sorry not alot of progress i`m afraid,left arm not playing ball at the moment,though i have found the messie i want to portray its gerhard schopfel jag 26 small pic of his plane hereView attachment 44194 but i keep on looking on here which is fantastic,the ideas i get are amazing.aaron the ardennes is calling but in 1/72 size now lol

mobear

View attachment 47394

Bf.109.E.161.jpg

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
Hi Steve, How did you manage to get to sit inside a Bf109 then? Must of been an experience.

Atb, Colin.
I was visiting a museum/warbird restoration facility in Florida,about tenty years ago,and got chatting with a couple of the staff who shared my interest in the Luftwaffe. I just asked if I could sit in their Bf109 and they said yes. I then spent an afternoon looking at their various rstoration projects and other artefacts which was all good fun.

Cheers

Steve

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
sorry not alot of progress i`m afraid,left arm not playing ball at the moment,though i have found the messie i want to portray its gerhard schopfel jag 26 small pic of his plane hereView attachment 44194 but i keep on looking on here which is fantastic,the ideas i get are amazing.aaron the ardennes is calling but in 1/72 size now lolmobear
Good choice. Schopfel often gets overlooked amongst all the other experten from JG 26 but he was a very proficient fighter pilot and an outstanding officer. All his 45 claims were in the West and the majority of them can be confirmed from allied sources. This is by no means always the case for Luftwaffe aces.

He survived the war,unlike many of his contemporaries,and died in 2003 at the ripe old age of 90.

Cheers

Steve

M

mobear

steve i was only reading of his exploits and thought wel well my plane will be his,what i read as well was that he adhered to the unwritten rule of the fighter pilot,never attack an enemy flier once he was dispatched from his plane,and the colours of his plane were quite unique as the bottom colour goes most of the way up the fuse

mobear

First Name
Aaron
\ said:
sorry not alot of progress i`m afraid,left arm not playing ball at the moment,aaron the ardennes is calling but in 1/72 size now lolmobear
Sorry to hear about your arm mate. hope you get it sorted.

1:72 is a great scale theres some good dragon kits in that scale

B

Buttonman

keep it goin buddy 1/72 is too small for me have enough trouble with 1/48

Keep it up

Martin