1/24 messerschmitt bf 109 e 3 or 4

M

mobear

i think i`m going to weather this plane quite heavily but more faded colouring and battle scarred as it was in BoB,and was found belly flopped in a field after being hit one to many times lol

mobear

B

Buttonman

testing to much of your own product?buddy,? how'd you manage that? the joints must be massive.

still comming along nicely tho

Cheers

Martin

M

mobear

mostly elbow grease and watching Romans ideas for gap fillers, this plane is testing though lol

mobear

D

dubster72

That looks really nice Ole, good to see you've got some sunshine - that's your summer so make the most of it! ;)

Cheers

Patrick

D

dubster72

That looks just right to me Ole, certainly adds to the realism of the plane.

Just one question - did you use burnt sienna for the shadows in the ailerons & tailplanes? I was just thinking burnt umber might have been better as it's less red?

Cheers

Patrick

First Name
Aaron
Looking good Ole, I dont really know anything about planes but i like how this one looks.

First Name
Aaron
I just noticed a chap has built one of these (in smaller scale) using a trop (or at least brown and tan) camo like yours Ole.

Its on another model forum site so idk if i should post a link to it, but what a small modelling world it is.

Just wondering if anyone has done a horch flak here. Or a Muel fieldkitchen.

M

mobear

hey patrick you are right its b sienna,used this colour to emphasise the fact that grease is used to keep ailerons moving freely at all times,and the fact it wasnt used sparingly to keep the plane flying in tip top condition through the battle of britain,otherwise umber would have been used.

mobear

M

mobear

hey aaron post it so i can see lol,dont think ppl would mind,as its good to compare

mobear

First Name
Aaron
should i just nick a few of the pics "for discussion purposes"?

pm

Last edited by a moderator:
D

dubster72

\ said:
hey patrick you are right its b sienna,used this colour to emphasise the fact that grease is used to keep ailerons moving freely at all times,and the fact it wasnt used sparingly to keep the plane flying in tip top condition through the battle of britain,otherwise umber would have been used.mobear
Aah I'm with you now Ole! It shows how little I know about building aircraft, that's one of the great thing's about this forum - you get to learn so much cool stuff!

Cheers

Patrick

M

mobear

aaron i looked at pics they are awesome,and maybe you should lol,that guy looks like he enjoys the weathering process as much as me,and thnx for the link

mobear

M

mobear

forgot to add to the aerial pics i used stretched sprue and the cone shape was the cone shape left over on the heated sprue,also the springs were made from picture hanging wire heated slightly to harden the spring to make it work properly

mobear

M

mobear

today 23/4/12 i am kicking myself,i made a huge mistake of looking at a detailed picture of the bf109 and why it turned so well,turns out the front of the wing can be pushed forward and the model wing only shows to be a bit of protrusion,so now i have been scoring it all day and finally got one off,then scored the other off.heres a pic of progressView attachment 44463

mobear

View attachment 47644

DSCF0016.jpg