1/24 messerschmitt bf 109 e 3 or 4

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
the colours of his plane were quite unique as the bottom colour goes most of the way up the fusemobear
The camouflage scheme is not unique but it does make for an attractive scheme. It was a relatively short lived phase in the evolution of Luftwaffe fighter camouflage. The blue colour (RLM 65) on the sides running up to a very high demarcation line was thought to make the aircraft too visible,particularly on the ground, and it wasn't long before all sorts of mottles,stipples and squiggles were applied to tone it down. The mottle later became part of the factory schemes.

Cheers

Steve

M

mobear

thnx for the cool info definately learning alot of things from here lol

mobear

M

mobear

you are just jealous of my model making skills lol,nearly as good as you NOT!!!!!!!!!! but thnx anyway lol

mobear

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Just playing catch up on your 109 Ole.

The office is first rate - sorry I was a bit late on that one:poster_oops: I'll try to keep up.

And the camo looks really good, keep it up mate.

Tony.

D

dubster72

\ said:
you are just jealous of my model making skills lol,nearly as good as you NOT!!!!!!!!!! but thnx anyway lolmobear
Hee hee tbh I'm jealous of anyone who can turn out excellent aircraft like this, it's pretty different to doing armour! But maybe one day I'll cross to the ' dark side ' mwah ha ha!

HAWKERHUNTER

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
looking great Ole. Not long to go now by the look of things

M

mobear

catch up with Roman never happen,i am a mere human compared to that man lol,think of me as long distance runner doing 100 ms against usaine bolt lol

mobear

V

Vajled

Beep... beeep....blooop...nobody cant be....beeeep....beeeep....like me...beeep....beeep

Roman

mybe mobear ...beeep...beeep... is little.... beeep....beeeep... me...shure... beeeep....beeep... he is... beeep....beeeep

mobear

LOOOL, thx guys and mobear... camo is just perfect...

Roman

Last edited:

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Just think Ole if the Germans had that camo they may have won the BoB The RAF pilots would have been too busy laughing to shoot And may i say some great work from your twins , Catching daddy up me thinks

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mobear

thnx Ian i think?????? more luftwoowoo than luftwaffe and now they want bigger arghhhhhhhhh

mobear

C

CDW

Twins work = gooooood :smiling3:

yours aint bad either mate :smiling3:

I think "Roman the Robot" might just stick:smiling3: :smiling3:

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
What about a "pink" Spitfire? Not quite as pink as the 109s,but they did actually exist :smiling3:

Cheers

Steve

M

mobear

what do i do when they ask for 1/48 spits?arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yes it did happen lol,i suppose if i find some cheap i might lol

mobear

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
At the risk of veering a bit off topic the "pink" PR Spitfires were actually almost white. I think it was Edgar Brooks who dug out an original paint swatch and reckoned that you could only tell that it had a pinkish tinge when placed on a white background.

Here's a picture which is as interesting for the camouflaged hangar as it is for the Spitfires.

I'm sure this is totally irrelevant to your twins but may be of interest to anyone else contemplating a "pink" Spitfire :smiling3:

Cheers

Steve

M

mobear

i think that you have sown a bad bad seed into their heads,BAD BAD BOY lol

mobear