1/24 spitfire MK1A

S

Sky Raider

Yep. you could have saved some money if you only wanted half the kit lol. Looking forward to the end result mate.

Andy

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Wow Ole, this is going to be a fascinating build!

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
And i thought i was bad cutting up my Lancaster Ole. a very nice start will watch with a twisted fascination

M

mobear

put it this way fellas if it had cost £50 then this would never happen,but i got it for the princely sum of £23.99,so really i`m mad but not certifiable :badcomputer1: YET!!!

mobear

S

Scuff

I am looking forward to seeing this one take shape. I'm hoping to learn a lot as I haven't really ventured into building bits from scratch.

M

mobear

hi graham ive only done 4 models since joining here,but this scratch building is just the bees knees,big models are just waiting for a refit,and though sometimes taxing and time consuming,is really fun,and there are lots of reference pics everywhere on the web.So you just take the bull by the horns and go for it lol

mobear

K

Kressy13

Hi mate. This is an interesting idea and will look awesome when it is done. Will be watching for sure.

Cheers

Kresten

M

mobear

hey people,you know i work on a strict budget,well i need some helpful hints on an easy way to put rivet detailing on some of the parts,all answers will be tried lol

mobear

P

phalinmegob

i read somewhere about the cartridges in water filters, they are full of tiny balls and the idea is to just start a hole with a drill bit, just a couple of turns and then drop one of these tiny balls in so it sits proud. all a bit useless if you dont have a water filter cartridge

M

mobear

hmmmm very cool idea,sadly i have normal filters in my fishtank, darn!

mobear

C

CDW

go buy some fine fishing lead shot for pole fishing..... they're tiny.... they're already split so you can cut them totally in half with a scalpel and get two rivet heads from each one

M

mobear

thnx for the ideas,i have painted the tanks without rivet detail tell me what you think if they are okay i`ll go with it,if not then i`ll have to make another rounded tank View attachment 56056,please be honest about this as i`m in a quandry

mobear

View attachment 58175

red fuel tanks.jpg