1/24 spitfire MK1A

P

Plastickitbasher

Ole, top stuff going to join all the others and pull up a chair, brew in me mug watching with interest....

K

Kressy13

Those tanks look awesome mate. Keep up the build with this quality and it will be a true marvel.

Cheers

Kresten

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Ole, I think your tanks are good to go mate. Have a look at this site, it's a perfect little reference for your bits and pieces, including the fuel tanks:

SpitfireSpares.com - Model Aircraft

Here is a link to a fuel tank, not a rivet in sight from what I can see:

http://spitfirespares.co.uk/Website%20products%20100/My-Spit-1-fuel-tank-600-1.jpg

Also: Pacific Wrecks - Spitfire Mark XIV NH799 restored fuel tank at AVspecs Ltd

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=33084

S

Sky Raider

That is some result there Ole. The realism is stunning.

Andy

M

mobear

working hard here andy,the thing is i want it to look like the real thing but not as much detail that it looks cluttered as the wiring will hell anyway lol

mobear

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Great work Ole and as for rivets just a small drop of CA from the tip of a coctail stick should make convincing rivets If you find it hard for them to sit proud just put a pin prick into the plastic and then sit the CA into that will take time but should look ok

M

mobear

oopps forgot to say thnx Ian for the rivet idea with CA glue am going to do it as the results on scrap worked a treat

mobear

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Ya not messin' around Ole, some serious work going on here mate. Takes some guts to cut up a model and a Spit at that, looking forward to see more (in this case, you'll be able to see more lol).

Have fun, John

T

T. van Vuuren

Only saw this now. Very good going there mate!

You Certainly have more patience than I have.

Theuns

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Some great looking detail there Ole! Great idea from Ian too with the CA rivets. If i might add to it, a cocktail stick can sometimes give varying results, ive found these work a treat, for any dotting of stuff ,be it paint ,CA whatever. 5X 2 Way Nail Art Dotting Marbleizing Painting Pen Dot Paint Tool FREE SHIPPING | eBay Theres 5 in the pack ,all double ended and differing sizes. Because its a ball on the end ,you get the same size dot every time ,very useful for knobs on instrument panels or rivets etc. Its best to paint a thin layer onto something flat and then dip in the dotting tool , wiping clean in between every dot , to get the most consistent result. Hope this helps someone , keep up the great work Ole , cheers tony

M

mobear

helps immensely tony thnx,and thnx peeps for the kind words

mobear

C

CDW

You're certainly putting your heart and soul into this one mate..... very convincing start.

Looks a bit like Andys' boat before he tidied it up :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

T

treyzx10r

Ole this just keeps getting better,awesome stuff keep it coming! cheers Trey

S

Sky Raider

I agree with Trey, this is turning out stunning Ole. Keep up the fantastic work.

Andy