1/35 Soviet T26 Tank and a Zvezda M72 Motor cycle and side car .

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
The tracks look great Mr Race, looking forward to the next instalment.

Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Yep,sure did John..... at this scale it`s imperative really,because as the engine grows with all of the other components,some areas become completely inaccessible ;)
Thanks Andy, reaching that part quite soon, photos show .

Nice job on the tracks John. You need some Somerset tea after that…..
Have this one on me, made about five miles from my house….
View attachment 484618
That range of motorcycles was made up until the mid 1980s, by the way…..God know why ;)
Cheers Tim, that looks a cooling drink , don't think @boatman would like it though.:smiling3:
Suppose they just kept churning them out, if its works why fix it thinking.
Updates look great Commander
Thanks Lee, getting to the even more awkward part !

Keep it coming JR.... :thumb2:
Cheers buddy, half the time I have to keep looking at the box art to see what I'm doing:smiling3:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
The tracks look great Mr Race, looking forward to the next instalment.
Sorry nearly missed you there Paul, definitely the way for me, that and the rubber band type:smiling2:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I've now reached the section of bewilderment ! The engine will have to be painted in the morning as it appears it goes into the frame next. That means the frame parts will have to be done as well . A careful look at the dis ructions is called for I think.
At least the plastic is somewhat stronger than the HB, managed to clean the remains of the attachment's better.
Came to the conclusion that this the limit for my eye sight , now having to wear the 3.5 mag in the optovisor.
Still going to continue, think some of the part joining is iffy, probably come to light when I attempt to assembly the frame !

2022.jpg2022_2.jpg2022_3.jpg

Looking at the drawings to me it appears that the engine fits as you assemble the frame ? If so I'll have to paint the frame as well and any thing else of the body ?
Going to look at Scalemates and U tube to see if anyone has mentioned this.

Thanks for looking in, any help on this appreciated .
John.

First Name
Andy
John, I would say you will have to paint the frame and engine before assembly. By the looks of things I think you will be able to assemble the frame first as there will probably be enough flex in it to fiddle the engine in afterwards, that's the way I would go, but there again I could be wrong.

Andy.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John, I would say you will have to paint the frame and engine before assembly. By the looks of things I think you will be able to assemble the frame first as there will probably be enough flex in it to fiddle the engine in afterwards, that's the way I would go, but there again I could be wrong.

Andy.
Cheers Andy , I'll do those parts tomorrow and come back .

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim

Andy.
The engine should fit into the frame, after all that’s how the real ones were made.

Reactions: JR

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
The bike is , well assembled the best I can do . Some parts left off as I just couldn't fathom out how to fit them . Side car build no problem, just have to join it to the bike . Not going to post any photos as may be upsetting to some :confused:
As for painting, will paint the whole thing 4 BO , then brush paint the engine and tyres . First figure , the rider is built. Minus arms as need to have one pointing .

Think with some specially staged vegetation the bike will pass muster .

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I'm feeling your pain, brother! ;)
What is it about motorcycle kits?
I did build a Tamiya 1/35 BMW back in the day and I didn't have any trouble with that, but I guess it WAS Tamiya....
Just can't distinguish the small parts Neil. Annoying to say the least .

Where the bike joins the side car It was hard to see the connection point , and when found the plastic being so thin melted with the slightest amount of glue. Remedy was some CA in a blob :smiling3:

The good thing is having altered the position of the rider , he's twisting round to point to the direction of the enemies, I found a perfect arm .
Now drilled into, wire fitted and glued on .
Next will be the left arm , deciding if he can reach the handle bar with it .
On ward if a little shaky so be it.
John .

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
These 1/35 motorcycles are tricky little blighters eh?;)
My opinion only of the various ones I've done, coming up ...
The Tamiya ones are certainly the easiest to build up,but seriously out of scale in certain areas...
The Miniart kits are a little more complex and difficult to put together,but vastly superior in detail and scale....
...and here's the rub....
Zvezda bikes are very vague in locating parts,(as you're finding out!),and fall somewhere between the two manufacturers previously mentioned when it comes to detail and scale,but can be built up to make a very pleasing model..... with patience!:thumb2:
Just my opinion there,obviously.
Having seen your work over the past years I'm sure you'll beat this into submission :cool:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Fiddly little b****r ain't it. I'm sure you'll get the engine in. Glad the figure surgery was straightforward.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Nature of the beast really John. If you think about it, a motorcycle is just a few lumpy bits held together by thin tubing so it’s going to be fiddly. Even the 1/12 ones take patience and a gentle touch…..

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Nature of the beast really John. If you think about it, a motorcycle is just a few lumpy bits held together by thin tubing so it’s going to be fiddly. Even the 1/12 ones take patience and a gentle touch…..
Yep,and even the 1/9 in some areas!! ;)

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
These 1/35 motorcycles are tricky little blighters eh?;)
My opinion only of the various ones I've done, coming up ...
The Tamiya ones are certainly the easiest to build up,but seriously out of scale in certain areas...
The Miniart kits are a little more complex and difficult to put together,but vastly superior in detail and scale....
...and here's the rub....
Zvezda bikes are very vague in locating parts,(as you're finding out!),and fall somewhere between the two manufacturers previously mentioned when it comes to detail and scale,but can be built up to make a very pleasing model..... with patience!:thumb2:
Just my opinion there,obviously.
Having seen your work over the past years I'm sure you'll beat this into submission :cool:
Very kind of you to say Andy ,agree about " certainly vague " instructions ! Put it this way if the rider wasn't sitting on the bike you would be confused as to how the thing moved ! :flushed:
Fiddly little b****r ain't it. I'm sure you'll get the engine in. Glad the figure surgery was straightforward.
Hi Jim , in deed they are, the engine is actually in, in my case it's the other parts behind the engine :smiling2:

In my version Tim lumpy fits the bill ;)

Yes, but you can use a hammer on 1:1.

Andy.
Indeed Andy Tamiya extra thin has a similar method called "melting " same effect ;)
Thanks , if it wasn't for being a member of a forum like this think I would have given up long ago . Suppose I could always burn it along with the farm buildings proposed for the dio .Now there's a thought ----------

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Today is pond cleaning ! Net off , out with the pond vac, lilies being reduced, and count the fish .
See you later.