1/48 Revell Bf110 G-4

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
For some reason it looks patchy in that pic. Looks fine 'in the flesh' as it were

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looking good Al. I do like those exhausts. How did you do them, its such a nice subtle used but not used up kind of look. You know what I mean. More burned than rusted....

Not to long before the camouflage goes down now.

Ian M

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Looking good Al. I do like those exhausts. How did you do them, its such a nice subtle used but not used up kind of look. You know what I mean. More burned than rusted....
They were first painted in Humbrol 113 (Rust) and then i mixed some Hu 53 (gunmetal) with a few drops of Hu113 and dry brushed it on. I made sure there was more gunmetal at the front and end of the exhaust because these would be colder due to the airflow cooling them first and/or being furthest away from the exhaust inlet. The parts that get the hottest will rust the quickest.

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Looking good Allyne. It was worth sticking your fingers togethers.

Vaughan

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Well here it is. The scratch built Blind Landing aeriel. Was quite easy to make. I used gator glue to fix it all in place as it gave me a little more time to move it around if it wasn't in the correct place. Looks mighty fine if i do say so myself lol.

View attachment 35014

View attachment 39490

231020112979.jpg

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Just out of interest. What colour would the boarding ladder be?

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
That is a very good question! My initial reaction would be aluminium but then I have read specific orders about applying winter camouflage to ancillary equipment which makes me think it may have been something else. Maybe RLM 76 as it was part of the aircraft? Other airfield equipment was usually grey,not sure what the colour was called.

I shall investigate.

Cheers

Steve

Edit:

Had a flick through Vasco and Estanislau's C,D and E book and a couple of Vasco's Zerstorer books. I would definitely go with the underside colour.

Steve

Last edited by a moderator: