A 1/24 scale Aircraft SIG

A 1/24 scale aircraft super SIG

• Would you like the GB calendar for 2015 to include a 1/24 scale aircraft build

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't be ridiculous man! Where on earth would I put one!

• If you vote yes, will you take part,

• or are you voting just 'cause you want to watch

• Total voters

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hmmm what do you think Polux, close enough, I know we did say 1/24 or larger, but 1/28 is as close as you are going to get with out it being 1/24 lol-

Ian M

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
I think that would still be ok dave I don't think it has to be 1/24 just large scale anything bigger than 1/32 :smiling3:
Err no. 1/24 was the minimum scale.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Err no. 1/24 was the minimum scale.
Oh I thought it was any larger I stand corrected , thanks for letting me know :smiling3:

P

Polux

The rules of our forum are...:

- Friendly forum.

- Happy modeling.

So, you are in if you wish!!! Is fine to me ;)

Can you post a picture, please? I'm really intrigued, I never hear of 1/28 scale planes :oops:

P

Polux

This is another theme, but is related at the 1/24 planes...

Yesterday I was looking one of the four Typhoon that Airfix will show at Telford :D :D :D

The modeler show some pictures... :smiling3:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Yesterday I was looking one of the four Typhoon that Airfix will show at Telford :D :D :D The modeler show some pictures... :smiling3:
And the link to this is ......?

P

Polux

I don't specially like to write a link to other different forum....

I joined there some time ago. As you will see, my nick name there is Layton....

http://forum.largescalemodeller.com/topic/3073-124-hawker-typhoon-mk1b/#entry41371

First Name
Dave
The scale isn't on the box but measuring the span its around 12 1/4" and i think the camel was 28' but i need to check i have seen 26' mentioned my dad is sending some literature for me I'll double check the measurements, i could ask him as he's a camel nut but i will try myself first.

Dave

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Two sets of data below. As you can see below there is little difference when scaled down. Your 12.25 inches = 12.25 x 2.54 (cm per inch) = 31.15cm (853 / 31.15 = 1/28 scale when rounded up.

Wingspan 8.53 metres (28 feet)

1/24 = 35.54cm (13.99 inches)

1/28 = 30.46cm (11.99 inches)

Wingspan 8.50 metres (27.89 feet)

1/24 = 35.41cm (13.94 inches)

1/28 = 30.35cm (11.95 inches)

I'd say go for it anyway Dave, I for one would love to see this build.

P

Polux

Hope you join in Dave!

No problem is there are some few inches more or less! O_o

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
I don't specially like to write a link to other different forum....I joined there some time ago. As you will see, my nick name there is Layton....

http://forum.largescalemodeller.com/topic/3073-124-hawker-typhoon-mk1b/#entry41371
If I got one of these Polux that's the scheme I would do with the blue nose and shark mouth

First Name
Adrian
It's a nice enough build, nice weathering etc, but the nose and prop are just too new and shiny, IMHO.

I'm just looking forward to the diversity of 1:24th kits that will appear on the build come January :smiling3:

Adrian

First Name
Dave
\ said:
Hope you join in Dave! No problem is there are some few inches more or less! O_o
I would like to i just didn't want to flout the rules and upset anyone.

Dave

P

Polux

\ said:
I would like to i just didn't want to flout the rules and upset anyone.Dave
I have a "good feeling" with this GB next year....

I suppose the major part of the members are agree with me that there is no problem for a few inches.

Maybe the problem will exist if you join in with a ship....., but is a plane, isn't it? O_o

:D :D :D

P

Polux

\ said:
It's a nice enough build, nice weathering etc, but the nose and prop are just too new and shiny, IMHO.I'm just looking forward to the diversity of 1:24th kits that will appear on the build come January :smiling3:

Adrian
I'm absolutely agree with you Adrian ;)

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I stumbled across this on the Airfix website, for all you 1/24 Typhoon builders.

http://www.airfix.com/news/addition-to-instructions-hawker-typhoon-mkib-124-a19002/

P

phalinmegob

i am in, i have the airfix p51or the harrier to play with. should be a fun one. going to do the p51 red tails but have a play with alclad, havnt really tried the stuff properly and this one is going to get it

M

Mike

Hmmm, I actually have a 1:24 Airfix Spit as I was wondering around Hobbycraft and noticed it was £30 for a kit whose RRP was £60, and they offered a further 15% off if I joined their "sell your details and spam you a lot" list, sorry, loyalty card scheme.

I could be tempted to join this just for the hell of it!!