Ade's Good Evening Da Nang F-4C Phantom II

First Name
Adrian
Thought I would make a start on this beauty, I'm stalled on my 1:32 Phantom till the replacement decals arrive anyway.

I plan to build it straight out the box as there is so much in there anyway, I'm hoping to make steady progress as I plan to enter it into our Christmas competition. I've had mixed success with Eduard kits so far, the Tempest MK V was terrible that said the BF 109 I did in 1:32 was a dream to build.

So here's the box and contents shots :smiling3:

View attachment 114330

View attachment 114331

View attachment 114332

View attachment 114334

View attachment 114336

View attachment 114338

View attachment 114339

View attachment 114340

View attachment 114341

Not sure what scheme I will go with yet, so many options :smiling3:

Anyway, people are welcome to tag along :smiling3:

Adrian

006.JPG

007.JPG

008.JPG

009.JPG

010.JPG

011.JPG

012.JPG

013.JPG

014.JPG

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I had a drool over one of these at IPMS a few months back and nearly took it home with me, fantastic looking kit and I'm still tempted by it. I'll be interested to follow your build Ade.

P

Polux

Will be an interesting thread. I bought time ago an Eduard kit, and it was excellent! This one looks a very good model...:rolleyes:

You must work hard, and good luck on the Christmas competition ;)

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

I really like the Eduard boxings of the phantoms. Looking forward to the pit.

John

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

\ said:
Thought I would make a start on this beauty, I'm stalled on my 1:32 Phantom till the replacement decals arrive anyway.
I plan to build it straight out the box as there is so much in there anyway, I'm hoping to make steady progress as I plan to enter it into our Christmas competition. I've had mixed success with Eduard kits so far, the Tempest MK V was terrible that said the BF 109 I did in 1:32 was a dream to build.

So here's the box and contents shots :smiling3:

View attachment 125434 View attachment 125435 View attachment 125436 View attachment 125438 View attachment 125440 View attachment 125442 View attachment 125443 View attachment 125444 View attachment 125445

Not sure what scheme I will go with yet, so many options :smiling3:

Anyway, people are welcome to tag along :smiling3:

Adrian
The tempest Mk V was a rebox, like the phantom, and it was when Eduard was still "young" in making model kits. However, the Bf 109 series by Eduard is really nice, despite accuracy issues

John

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
Got the other one of this kit will be looking forward to seeing more of this build...

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
With the F4, they proved a brick can fly.........if you give it enough power!!:confused:o_O:p

Looking forward to watching this!! :smiling3:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice choice Adrian. Looks to be a nicely moulded kit.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
It's strange how so many different manufacturers, all mould Phantoms basically in the same way. Which makes it nice and easy to build.

First Name
Adrian
Welcome aboard all those following :smiling3:

\ said:
It's strange how so many different manufacturers, all mould Phantoms basically in the same way. Which makes it nice and easy to build.
The Revell one I am building joins on the fusealage and is horrendous to hide the seams :sad:

So here's just a little work I have done so far, like I said I don't intend to rush this just take a nice steady pace with lots of photos and pointing out any issues :smiling3:

View attachment 114511

View attachment 114512

View attachment 114513

The photo etch is very nice but I missed out something when building the frame, I can't see it been seen when final assembly is finished so I'll skip over that error :smiling3:

Comments welcomed as always.

Adrian

009.JPG

010.JPG

011.JPG

PhilJ

SMF Supporter
First Name
Phil
Looking good Ade I'm in on this one.

I'd love to get my hands on the eduard tempest but can't find one, hopefully they'll make a new tool.

I have a Eduard 109, 190 in the stash and am just waiting for their fw 190 d9 as a overtree to turn up, apparently that model is a bit of a beast to put together also.

I love a phantom, did one as a kid and was tempted by this one I must be honest.

Cheers

Phil

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

Excellent work. The pit consoles look excellent. Waiting for the Brassin ejector seats soon!

John

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

\ said:
I'd love to get my hands on the eduard tempest but can't find one, hopefully they'll make a new tool.

I have a Eduard 109, 190 in the stash and am just waiting for their fw 190 d9 as a overtree to turn up, apparently that model is a bit of a beast to put together also.

I love a phantom, did one as a kid and was tempted by this one I must be honest.

Cheers

Phil
The Eduard 190s are decommissioned, so unless it gets reboxed by some other manufacturer, it will not be around. An over trees is even more rare. However, occasionally, they pop up on eBay. Hopefully, they will get Reboxed by Eduard as a limited edition

John

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
\ said:

Cheers

Phil
There was one for sale at my local IPMS on Monday - £25 was the asking price.

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
That is a nice busy office!!:cool: