Ade's Good Evening Da Nang F-4C Phantom II

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
Looking real good when I built it I was a amazed by the datail

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
\ said:
With the F4, they proved a brick can fly.........if you give it enough power!!:confused:o_O:p
Looking forward to watching this!! :smiling3:
There was a standing joke among the F105 Thunderchief that Republic were going to make the f105 oh of concrete. But steel was heavier. They were both a bit lumpy.

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
That`s looking really cool Adrian.

First Name
Adrian
First Name
Robert
Never done jets before so I'll keep my eye on this one. Just got the A10 from for sale and may tag on here to see ideas for jets ie weathering and such, but overall to see another cracking build from you,

Regards

Robert

First Name
Dave
Looks a really nice kit.I spent 12 years in the RAF as an Airframe Fitter on Phantoms.So I have a soft spot for them.Wonder if they will release an F4K or M?.Ive built a few of the Hasegawa ones.But this looks better.

D

dougie

\ said:
Looks a really nice kit.I spent 12 years in the RAF as an Airframe Fitter on Phantoms.So I have a soft spot for them.Wonder if they will release an F4K or M?.Ive built a few of the Hasegawa ones.But this looks better.
Awesome, sounds like a good job

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Very nice clean work so far Adrian. It looks a bit Star Wars in its current form :smiling3:

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

Fantastic work mate. The resin makes all the difference. The afterburner cans really are nicely detailed.looking forward for them to go on

John

First Name
Adrian
So, after an epic battle in which I had to remove the internal side pods at the front and cut and weld them back into a position that would let the outer covers sit "almost" correctly, I've now managed to get the upper body in place and its a very good fit :smiling3:

So here's a few more progress pictures :smiling3:

View attachment 115043

View attachment 115044

As always comments more than welcomed.

Adrian

001.JPG

002.JPG

First Name
Robert
Looking good and very clean lines that the surgery has done.

Regards

Robert

First Name
Adrian
Well struggling again with the fit on this kit, it's so bad I'm thinking of boxing it up and moving to something else.

I thought the right side pod was bad enough but look at the photo and see what I'm dealing with.

I don't understand how Eduard can be so bad or so good, this kit is terrible and taking a lot of time just to correct basic assembly but yet the Balkans 109 I built earlier in the year was a dream.

View attachment 115118

Adrian

001.JPG

D

dubster72

Me too! But their FW 190 D-11 weekend version is a dog as well!

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
Sorry to say this but glad it wasn't just me had the same problems with mine..A quick heads up the cockpit is a nightmare fit hopefully it was just me but your pic had the same problem..and the underside was just as bad....

But don't give up bud fill and sand sand and fill

First Name
Robert
Imagree with john I have not built this kit but agree you should continue and fill the gap and sand and possibly re scribe the lost detail. It's awful that kit companies put such kits out there and surely they must test build some of their kits and unfortunately it's the model and hobbyist that suffers with time and money spent on fixing their errors

Regards

Robert

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
I hope my MIG-21 turns out to be a better kit?

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
I think you should just keep calm and carry on. :D

Just plod on I'm sure it will all turnout beautifully in the end.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

So c'mon Ade back to the bench n kick this thing into shape.

Hope to see more progress soon:smiling3:

Good luck I'm rooting for ya!

PhilJ

SMF Supporter
First Name
Phil
C'mon Ade hang in their mate, I've had quite a few fit problems with my me262 and I haven't even put the fuselage together yet no filling yet but some re location of certain parts and some scratch. I have had to dry fit parts a few times and it looks as though there is going to have to be some epic filling and sanding between the wings and the fuse.

The way I look at it is if you could take every model out of a box put it together like Lego and paint it then surely it would be pretty boring, anyone could do it. This is what separates the men from the boys ain't it?

Slowly slowly catch a monkey! It will look the nuts once your finished I know it!

Cheers

Phil