Airfix 1/48 Gannet

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Looks like you've sorted it Andy, good for you.

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Looks like you've sorted it Andy, good for you.
It's ironic that I only glossed as I wasn't sure the vallejo would stand up well to decal solutions. Might have made less work if I'd not bothered :tears-of-joy:

Flip

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Good recovery, Andy.
If that had been mine, I would have thought I had permanently ruined it; so it's good to see that recovery is possible.

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Andy, I was about to say that a light rub down with some of the fine (1000+) sanding pads should reduce this, and after watching someone on YT with almost the same problem a couple of coats of varnish sorted out his problem, plus it reduced the gloss of the decals. But you have beaten me to it.

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Coming together nicely mate, been trying to resist but finally gave in and just ordered this one for the stash.
It has been a really enjoyable build. Just my kind of thing, with a great fit and thoughtful engineering.

Glad it's sorted 'cause the build is great and it would have bugged you :smiling2:
Absolutely! Back to bulletproof lacquers for this kind of thing I think.

Looking very good Andy.
Cheers Doug

Flaps and under wing ordinance were fitted this morning. Both were such a tight dry fit that I haven't even bothered to glue the flaps. I didn't want to risk breaking their delicate brackets by removing them.

1000006611.jpg

Flip

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
That really is a SMART job!
So much so I've taken a grab of each piccy and saved them in my modelling folder as reference for when I build mine.
OOI, what colour/make paint did you use for the tips of the wing ordnance? Whatever it is, it looks nice.

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I'm honoured John, thanks.

I used Mr Color olive drab, although I have many different shades of it and couldn't say which one, just the first one I grabbed.