View attachment 91569

View attachment 91570

View attachment 91571

View attachment 91572

View attachment 91573

View attachment 91574

View attachment 91575

View attachment 91576

I thought I would build this next.Its an old kit I picked up for £2 last year.Ive nearly finished a Tamiya mk4 Bomber and fancied doing a fighter bomber version.The cockpit isn't as good as the Tamiya kit but is good enough for me.It just needs seat belts adding.I will probably use some 'Master' brass .303 gun barrels as wellimage.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
This would be the same as the rebox airfix have recently released if I'm right , it doesn't look as bad as I've read looking at those sprues so I'll keep an eye on this as I do like the mossy and have built the tamiya one :smiling3:

D

dubster72

Nice choice Dave, I wonder when the kit was ' new ' as the box proclaims!

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
£ 2 ! Now thats what I like ! a real bargain. I hope youre still thinking that after the build Dave . I trust youve got some replacement decals in mind , the kit ones look a little bit worse for wear!! cheers tony

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Might need some after market decals Dave, or a lot of UV on that sheet :smiling3: Look forward to this, the Mosquito is awesome.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
I'm another who favours the Mosquito. So, there's a few of us watching you build this icon of aviation - not much pressure there then........

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
good start Dave, will be watching as well, ;)

0ne48thtel

Nice start there Dave the mk4 isn't looking to shabby either.

First Name
Dave
View attachment 92585

View attachment 92586

View attachment 92587

Got a bit more done this evening.I glued a few bits together and progressed the cockpit.Started to add some Eduard etched seat belts to the seats.Ive used the late war style though I'm not sure if they are correct for this aircraft.But they will look ok through the canopy.Ive used Humbrol 'leather' paint for the seat cushions .But I'm not convinced this is the right colour.image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Looking good dave those seatbelts make a big difference and I doubt that seat belts would have changed a lot in an 18 month spell , the colour looks a bit light in the photo but that's nothing to worry about in the grand scheme so yeah it's looking good :smiling3:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looking very good Dave. I do like a nice Mossie.

Talking of which did you see the new 1/32 scale one that is on the way. From the photos from Telford, it looks rather nice....

Ian M

First Name
Dave
\ said:
Looking very good Dave. I do like a nice Mossie.Talking of which did you see the new 1/32 scale one that is on the way. From the photos from Telford, it looks rather nice....

Ian M
I had a look at the 1/32 HK Models Mosquito at Telford.See photo.Those are the sprues on that Table (and a mock up of the 1/32 Lancaster!).I was allowed to pick up and examine the parts. It looks very nice.

View attachment 92617

image.jpg

First Name
Dave
View attachment 92659

I've finished the cockpit and glued the fuselage halves together.There are no locating points in the fuselage for the cockpit.But I found it will only fit in one position with the fuselage together.So it's not glued in at the moment.Next I assembled one of the undercarriage/engine cowling assemblies.Normally,I like to fit the gear after painting.But you can't do that with this kit.Ive just finished a Tamiya mk4.And it's an easier build than this oneimage.jpg