Airfix 1/48 Mosquito mk6

First Name
Dave
Got a bit more done tonight.Engine nacelle glued to port wing and starboard undercarriage assembled.Im also trying out some filler I bought at Telford.Ive heard good things about it.So thought I would give it a go.

View attachment 92760

image.jpg

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

Looking good. The decals have one of the worst cases of yellowing I've seen. Are you using aftermarket ones?

John

S

steve scan

Looking great, I have been using this filler for a while now and love it, cant wait to see this one done.

First Name
Dave
\ said:
Looking good. The decals have one of the worst cases of yellowing I've seen. Are you using aftermarket ones?John
I will be using different decals.Ive got a Monogram Mossie kit and may use ones from that.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking real good Dave,the cockpit is great and i like the use of the PE,seat-belts, ;)

First Name
Dave
\ said:
How did it perform Dave?
The filler is pretty good.A bit like my favourite Squadron Green.But easier to sand.And of course it doesn't contain Toluene like the Squadron product.I may have found a new favourite.

Last edited by a moderator:
First Name
Dave
I've now got the wings and tail glued on.And ive scribed the outline of the bomb doors on.These were represented by raised lines on the kit.Got a bit more filling and sanding to do now.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looking good.

That putty, non smelly and fast drying?

Ian M

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I use that putty and it's excellent and does not smell. It can be wiped off with a cotton bud soaked in water before it sets so the amount of sanding is reduced. Be careful not to wipe it off from where you want it to be though. And it sands well too.

Recommended from me.

First Name
Dave
\ said:
I use that putty and it's excellent and does not smell. It can be wiped off with a cotton bud soaked in water before it sets so the amount of sanding is reduced. Be careful not to wipe it off from where you want it to be though. And it sands well too.Recommended from me.
I really like the stuff.I filled the gaps between the engine cowlings and the undersides of the wings in the manner you described.Would have taken a lot more work with my usual squadron green.

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
\ said:
I really like the stuff.I filled the gaps between the engine cowlings and the undersides of the wings in the manner you described.Would have taken a lot more work with my usual squadron green.
I love using it. I first read about it in Model Rail magazine a couple of years ago. Put the cap back on though to stop it drying out - ask me how I know?

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Those metal machine gun barrels look the business Dave, nice work.

N

noble

This is looking really nice Dave abd those machine guns just finish it off

scott