Airfix 1/48 Mosquito mk6

First Name
Dave
View attachment 93987

I sprayed a second coat of Dark Green on the model,then took the dog for a walk.When I got back it was still tacky.But I carefully removed the masking.I like to do it before the paint is completely dry so any over spray came be cleaned off.image.jpg

First Name
Dave
I noticed a run in the paint on the right horizontal stabiliser.So that's been rubbed down and re sprayed.Then I started putting decals on.The serial numbers,nose art and red 'no walk' markings on the wings come from the Monogram kit Im building in tandem with this one.The red markings are not brilliant,but the Airfix sheet doesn't include any.Ive decided to paint them on my Monogram mk2.I need to sort some squadron codes next.

View attachment 94120

image.jpg

First Name
Dave
View attachment 94414

View attachment 94415

View attachment 94416

View attachment 94417

I've finished applying the decals and have given the model another coat of gloss clear prior to putting a wash on.I hate models where you have to fit the undercarriage during construction.With a bit of thought I could have modified them to fit after painting the model.With the constant handling I managed to break one off.So I've drilled and pinned it back on with brass rod and superglue.The propeller blades on this particular aircraft were the paddle type.The ones supplied in the kit looked a bit big to me.So I modified the mountings and fitted some left over from my Tamiya mk4 build.image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Nice to see the progress on an older kit and yet another fabulous fix for a modelling mishap.

BTW, I've had about a dozen of these mishaps whilst building the Spits but there's almost always a fix.

Looking forward to seeing this Mozzie finished Dave

All the best

Paul