Airfix 54mm Napoleonic French Line Infantry

PaulinKendal

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thanks you gentlemen for the great comments.
Here is Fusilier 9 all put together, he just needs a bit of mud & possibly blood, but I'll do all that at the end I think.
View attachment 479462View attachment 479463View attachment 479464View attachment 479465View attachment 479466
thanks for watching
N
Y'know, I sometimes get pulled up short by miniatures that remind me what warfare has always been about - killing people. This figure does that, quite poignantly.

Bravo, great work!

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Coming along very well Neil. More dead people than Sixth Sense…….

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Neil, missed that one when you put it up, I guess. 16 will make a nice "Band 'O Brothers"......looking forward to seeing it all come together. :thumb2:

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Thank you kindly, Gentlemen all, for the fine comments!
I hereby present to you Fusilier 12 in his pre-painted state.

Fusilier 12 ready (3).jpg
Fusilier 12 ready (1).jpgFusilier 12 ready (4).jpgFusilier 12 ready (6).jpgFusilier 12 ready (7).jpg

I think the bayonet I printed looks a bit overscale so I'm going to check the dimensions and maybe print some a bit smaller.
I had problems painting the eyes of the last few figures so I decided to do an OEDIPUS and gouge them out ,and add new ones which are ,hopefully , better defined.
I'm going to paint this one next , rather than work on any of the others, while I can still remember more or less how to do it!
Thanks for watching
N

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Thanks John & Rick.
Well I've checked the bayonet and it's the same length as the Historex ones I've used, so it can stay.

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Fusilier 12 is done

Fusilier 12  (12).JPG

Fusilier 12  (11).JPG

Fusilier 12  (3).JPG

Fusilier 12  (6).JPG
Annoyingly I don't notice the white dust until I see the pics on the PC screen:rolling:

Unfortunately I broke the musket detaching it from the painting stick, so I'll have to paint another one-I do have a fair few spares.
Only 3 left to go now...
Cheers
Neil

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick