Airfix 54mm Napoleonic French Line Infantry

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Neal that pose is so reminiscent of war time photos showing the dead , perfectly captured by you .:thumb2:

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Thanks very much chaps.
I have always been dissatisfied with poor representations of casualties in models so I have worked extra hard to make these boys convincing.
I have , however, shied away from the more extreme and apparently unnatural poses you can see in wartime pics, although I guess the most twisted ones are the results of explosives, and so not really relevant to this period anyway.
As I said at the start of this phase, I'm not going for the full dismemberment scenario that we read of in the Sharpe books either, although there will be blood...
Thanks to all again for your continued interest
Neil

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Doctor Mr. Merryweather, your refinement of these poor blighters is extraordinary, and the poses are quite natural in this endeavor. You also have done fantastic work on painting these casualties and their accoutrements too!!! Wonderful work Neil and you should be really happy with your results so far. Shame about the musket, but having spares in the armory is always a good thing. This group will undoubtedly be phenomenal when placed in a vignette...A question if I may. On #12, were you trying to represent razor stubble on his neck, under the chin???
......Oh, forgot to take my damn meds again!!!........

Prost
Allen

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Stunning attention to detail as always neil and the alterations to the pose are fantastic . This guys not giving me as much Cesar Romero vibes , more Galen from planet of the apes ! Think its his mutton chop sideburns ! Cheers tony

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Stunning attention to detail as always neil and the alterations to the pose are fantastic . This guys not giving me as much Cesar Romero vibes , more Galen from planet of the apes ! Think its his mutton chop sideburns ! Cheers tony
Galen, that’s who it is……couldn’t think who he reminded me of when I first saw him. Usual superb additions Neil, excellent work….love the hair in a queue at the back. Great detail.

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Thanks for the great comments guys, sorry I didn't actually reply sooner, I thought I had.
I haven't seen Planet of the Apes so it's pure coincidence there. The head is originally from the Airfix 10th Hussar, it's the first and probably the best in the range.
Anyway he's all painted now

Fuslier 13 painted.jpg
And here is all put together, except for weathering which I am going to do at the end.

Fusilier 13 (1).JPG

Fusilier 13 (3).JPG

Fusilier 13 (4).JPG

Fusilier 13 (5).JPG

This is not how they will be arranged, but here's a taster of the effect

Fusilier 13 (2).JPG

Thanks for watching ,now it's on to Fusilier 14!
Cheers
Neil

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Wow Neil!!! Lon Chaney looks fantastic and is that some Warren Zevon music playing in the background here??? Bring on fuselage #14 Sir!!!...

Prost
Allen

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
As has been said its getting better. Have you been using the latest Laser Micro surgery equipment, Neil? I find there is a marked difference in my surgery as the years progress especially on the same dio I have been working on for eons. :smiling6:
Good work on Fusilier 13

Cheers,
Wabble