SMF Supporter
First Name
Alex

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
More great work Neil especially with the pewter

The expression on his face tells the agony of pain, Neil.

Cheers,
Wabble

Another lesson in fine modelling Neil.
You manage to capture these so well .

Keep 'em coming Neil.....yer almost there. ;)

Jim that says everything.
The skill and perfection in the figures is amazing. Not into figures myself but you have to admire the workmanship in Neils work.

Excellent work mate. Looks like he's been on a savage bender and is seriously questioning his life choices! :tears-of-joy::dizzy::tired:
Blimey thank you everyone, it's a relief to know that people are still interested after all this time!
I've just got to knuckle down to the final stretch now, but I might have a little break from it for a week or two, we'll see.
Thanks again chaps!
N

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Well a couple of weeks’ break turned into 5 months! But after a spell In the trenches, a LOT of 3D printing bits for people, wedding preparations and now an actual private commission(see What's on the bench), I’ve got the urge to get back into French dark blue, and hopefully the final furlongs of this marathon.

I dug out fusiliers 15 and 16 and decided the reason I had paused was that I wasn’t really sold on their poses.
Here’s where we left fusilier 15

Fusilier 15 (2).jpg

And this is him now

Fusilier 15(3).jpg

I was even less inspired with Fusilier 16, so he has gone from this
Fusilier 16 (1).jpg

To this

Fusilier 16(4).jpg

So here we go again, and I've got another furry pack to do-JOY!
I still don't really know what I'm going to do for the final composition, although I think it might be interesting to have them facing slightly uphill at the Scots Greys thundering down towards them.
Thanks everyone for sticking with this for two and a half years (OMG), and welcome to any newcomers to the party!
Cheers
Neil
(back in the game)

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
It's back!
The poses are much better second time around Neil. I like Fusilier 16's pose caught in the action.

Cheers,
Wabble

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Stop The Presses!!! Call CNN immediately!!!..........We need coverage here as Dr. Merryweather is working on the Fuselages again!!!...And these two are looking really nice Neil. Bring it on Sir!!!...

Prost
Allen

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Well a couple of weeks’ break turned into 5 months! But after a spell In the trenches, a LOT of 3D printing bits for people, wedding preparations and now an actual private commission(see What's on the bench), I’ve got the urge to get back into French dark blue, and hopefully the final furlongs of this marathon.

I dug out fusiliers 15 and 16 and decided the reason I had paused was that I wasn’t really sold on their poses.
Here’s where we left fusilier 15

View attachment 494907

And this is him now

View attachment 494908

I was even less inspired with Fusilier 16, so he has gone from this
View attachment 494909

To this

View attachment 494910

So here we go again, and I've got another furry pack to do-JOY!
I still don't really know what I'm going to do for the final composition, although I think it might be interesting to have them facing slightly uphill at the Scots Greys thundering down towards them.
Thanks everyone for sticking with this for two and a half years (OMG), and welcome to any newcomers to the party!
Cheers
Neil
(back in the game)
MUUUUUUUCH better. Very well done indeed.

Andrew

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Thank you everyone for the kind comments- much appreciated.
I’ve done a bit more to our guys. They’ve been filled and filed and fettled and are now ready for the detailing of buttons and piping etc.

fusilier 15(4).jpg

Fusilier 15 has all of his kit already and I have made a start with fusilier 16’s pack-I couldn’t face another session with the heated knife so I wimped out and used the green stuff instead.

Fusilier 16 (7).jpg
It was marginally less effort but more difficult to control, we’ll have to see how it looks painted, but I’m bloody well not doing it again!
That's it for now, thanks for following
Neil

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Great work Neil, the positions of the legs is brilliant .

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Stirling work as always neil , the furry backpack looks excellent , once painted up it will be great , cheers tony

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
I am even more delighted to announce that Fusilier 16 is done and ready for paint – Ta Da!
After putting it off for quite a while I finally knuckled down to doing the hair. I knew I wanted something scruffy but I didn’t quite know what. I was inspired whilst watching an old documentary from 1967 about disappearing London; there was a down-and-out pictured and it just struck me that that was the look I wanted for this guy.
IMG_20231123_071525176_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

I had fun with the wicker-covered canteen- I used a bit of fabric from curtain tape around a 3D printed bottle. Thank God for the 3D-printed hobnailed boot soles-they came out again YAY! And I had to do the back of the cartridge box as it was clearly going to be visible

Fusilier 16 (5).jpg

Fusilier 16 (8).jpg

Fusilier 16 (9).jpg

Fusilier 16 (10).jpg
I have to say that ironically, from being a bit ‘MEH!’ this last one is pretty much my favourite now, and he will definitely be something like front-and-centre in the final composition. The pose IS a bit 'War Picture Library' or whatever, but it's something I've always enjoyed in artwork so I'm very happy with it. In fact it’s really given me a sense of how it will all shape up (phew!)

So that is definitely IT – there will be no more, so I want no naughty suggestions about adding Scots Greys or making it a round twenty figures ,please , gents!

So on with the paint, but don’t hold your breath- there’s a lot of DIY in the pipeline to be done before Christmas.

And then there’s a base to do…..

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Jus' luvvvverly!! Neil, that is my fav also..... i'm a bit concerned though, it's been so long since you have picked up a paint brush, that you might have forgotten which end the paint goes on Sir! :thinking: :tears-of-joy:;):thumb2: