Airfix 54mm Napoleonic French Line Infantry

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Glad you like this one as well Neil, definitely mine due to the movement that he conveys.Quite a striking pose .

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Well as usual my 'couple of weeks' turned into a couple of months...
After a whole load of decorating followed by Mojo deflation I finally knuckled down to painting these boys- but I had to do a couple of practice heads before I let myself loose on their faces, just to get back in the swing of things. They're still not my best but I need this done now.
Here are all the bits, ready for assembly

Fusilier 15
fusilier 15(7).jpg

and Fusilier 16

fusilier16 (12).jpg

I shall proceed to assemble them and post them soon, and then make a start on the base
thanks for watching
Neil

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Neil, Napoleon would have loved a few months at Waterloo but never did. You on the other hand are doing fine although your Frenchies are still guillotined and must come together soon. I shall be waiting with the others when you set them on solid ground.

Cheers,
Wabble

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Looking excellent there Twinkle Toes!!;)
Lovely paintwork so far mate,and good to see you back around the parish :thumb2:.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Beautiful Neil, sorry you've had a loss of Mojo, and glad you are on it again.

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Glad to see you back at it Neil. Still up to your usual standard. Looking forward to the finished dio.
John.

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Hi Neil, Napoleon would have loved a few months at Waterloo but never did. You on the other hand are doing fine although your Frenchies are still guillotined and must come together soon. I shall be waiting with the others when you set them on solid ground.

Cheers,
Wabble

Cheers,
Wabble

Looking excellent there Twinkle Toes!!;)
Lovely paintwork so far mate,and good to see you back around the parish :thumb2:.

Beautiful Neil, sorry you've had a loss of Mojo, and glad you are on it again.

Amazing detail. I don't know how you guys can paint in such fine detail in that small a scale!!!

Glad to see you back at it Neil. Still up to your usual standard. Looking forward to the finished dio.
John.

Superb work as always neil , the dynamic pose of the last one is amazing ,cheers tony

Neil, great work.
Wow thanks very much chaps!
They are almost done now and I've had a little play with the composition, but today I'm visiting my daughter who is hopefully days(or maybe even hours) away from delivering our fifth grandchild, so I can't post them yet .
Thanks again for the great comments and encouragement.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Neil
I simply love the work you’ve done on these figures. The detail work (both with putty and other materials) is sublime. The composition is well thought through and the resulting vignette will be breathtaking. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the figures painted and seeing the resulting scene.
All the best
Paul