Andy`s 1/48 Beaufighter

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
One I keep looking at but haven't pulled the trigger on yet........just something about it that puts me off.
Hi Karl,
Yeah I kinda know what you mean... It's a bit of a weird looker,(the Beaufort does have better lines I guess),but there's just SOMETHING about it that I like :smiling3:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi Karl,
Yeah I kinda know what you mean... It's a bit of a weird looker,(the Beaufort does have better lines I guess),but there's just SOMETHING about it that I like :smiling3:
Looks good from the front….just looks very weird from the back. The tail in particular looks like a designers acid dream!

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Having just finished the excellent 1/72 Airfix Beaufighter, I'll be watching to see how different the 1/48 Tammy is.
Pete
Hi Pete,I'll be interested to hear your opinions also... Although I'm  FAR from an expert to follow ;)
Draw the pattern onto the model with a pencil, that will work fine :smiling3:
Yeah,I saw Ian mention this on the Mosquito GB, Makes sense,but I do prefer those masks,Ala "Top Notch"..
They are very cool indeed ☺️
Cheers Alan, that's EXACTLY what I'm after, unfortunately every time I try to click on it,and get into the order,I get,"There's a problem with your order".… :sad:
ALL.... An update to follow shortly guys,and with some questions!!..

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
IMG20221221140802.jpg
Some basic "stressing"of the inner body there... just my take on it mind ;) ... And the wings coming together.. and is it just me,or these rather large?!!...
That's it for now,but I've done much apainting on the cockpit and other bits... But that's for tomorrow ;)
IMG20221221140817.jpg
I've always had a hankering for these,but didn't realise just quite how big they were!!! :smiling3:
Loving it mind,a cracking kit for sure!!...
Cheers for now and thanks for looking in :smiling3:

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I have a Beaufighter shelf queen. They really are great kits though. Really should dust mine off and finish her lol

Looking good Andy
Yep,they certainly are Alan,go on,get it down.... you know you wanna!! ;)
Coming on nicely Andy!
Cheers Andrew... It's good fun this one :smiling3:

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
... so then, despite it being Christmas Eve, I've been at the bench doing stuff :smiling3: ...
IMG20221224141701.jpg
That's as far as I'm going to go with the cockpit details...
IMG20221224141935.jpg
Skipping ahead,(as I like to do!!),"WHEELS"... At least only a couple as apposed to a Tank!! :smiling3:
Next,closing up the fuselage..
IMG20221224172447.jpg
Yep, that's all you'll see. :sad:
Nevermind, here's how the rest of it looks....
IMG20221224172436.jpg
IMG20221224173436.jpg
Looking like a Beaufighter now eh?!!... Gotta admit that I'm liking this so far... Finger's crossed :smiling3:
Until next time,thanks for looking in,and MERRY CHRISTMAS :smiling3:
Andy

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
I'm in for this. Looks a nice kit and a good start already. Mind with so many followers with a cold, coughing and sneezing all over the place, I'll wear a mask and rub Vick on my chest. Hope that's OK ;)

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I'm in for this. Looks a nice kit and a good start already. Mind with so many followers with a cold, coughing and sneezing all over the place, I'll wear a mask and rub Vick on my chest. Hope that's OK ;)
Thanks Jim,
It is a very nice kit from what I've experienced so far :smiling3:
I'm prone to picking up ANYTHING that's going around so you won't be alone with the mask there!! ;)

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
A great choice Andy. I do like a nice Bea' although to be honest, not the version with the big nose.
But anyway, you certainly aren't hanging around with this one. If I could build at half your speed, that would be a HUGE improvement for me.

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Cheers Colin :smiling3:
Progress slowed up somewhat for some reason.... apparently there was some kinda celebration going on so I was forced away from the bench to do "social things" !! :sad:
As for the "Big nose",this kit gives that option,part wise,(and it is EXTREMELY bulbous !!),but it doesn't appear in the actual instructions?!
ANYWAY,I have made some progress,an update of which will be posted tonight!! ;)