Andy's 1/48 Bf 109

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Got to be careful with the apostrophe in English Jakko.
I probably know the rules for it better than most native English speakers, though :smiling3: Well, in as far as English has official rules, of course — different style guides will say different things.

Its annoyed me for ever.
Same here. It makes sense if the idea is to distinguish it from the contraction it’s but it is completely at odds with every other use of possessive ’s. But I guess it (partly?) goes back to 18th/19th century English grammatici, who wanted to avoid using the same spelling for two different words so as to remove ambiguity … As if context doesn’t usually provide that anyway.

Magneto

Oberleutnant
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Trust me to stumble over that one - anyway ‘the comment of Chris’ is pretty much how the all the Romance languages would say it
Thanks for all of your positive comments Guys,much appreciated :smiling3:
This kit and I simply have just not got on!! Don't really know why, it's very nicely detailed, but I've just found it incredibly frustrating!!
Anyway, I'm now calling it "done".... certainly not my best effort,(that's an understatement!!),I went for a well beaten look,.....
View attachment 500493
View attachment 500496
View attachment 500497
View attachment 500498
Thanks again for all of your comments. :smiling3:
Im just about to post an early stage build. I hear you about issues. Report to follow…

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Lovely job andy , despite it not being your favourite build it looks excellent to me , I’m on something of a 109 odyssey at the moment too , got two on the go ! Cheers tony

Magneto

Oberleutnant
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thank goodness this is a scale model making forum, and not one on the pros and cons of grammar and punctuation...or is it?! ;)
It is indeed my friend - but mission creep gets everywhere! :cool:

Magneto

Oberleutnant
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Lovely job andy , despite it not being your favourite build it looks excellent to me , I’m on something of a 109 odyssey at the moment too , got two on the go ! Cheers tony
should be Andy as it’s a propa noun

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Got to be careful with the apostrophe in English Jakko. We don’t use it particularly logically. Something belonging to “it” is written its, not it’s, for example. It’s is a short form of it is. Its annoyed me for ever.

You certainly have Tim.

A while back on here, I was subject to a publicly embarrassing and hurtful 'Dig' at me getting its/it's wrong by a then smart a**e new member.

See the wheel turn. Things never change......

I won't forget or forgive. Oh, to be perfect, eh?