Andy's 1/48 Bf 109

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
View attachment 498389
.... This was the closed cockpit guns,to me it looked like one side was broken?!! Couldn't really find any info to back my thoughts up,but I went ahead anyway!!..
That’s probably correct: one of the two guns was further back than the other, so they could both have a full-width ammo box:

Bf 109 cowling guns.jpegBf 109 cowling guns.jpg

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
So,here be a bit of progress..
IMG20231226140758.jpg
A bit of etch going on there... You may notice that this is a bit disjointed... But Rach wouldn't let me model upstairs over Christmas!! :sad:
Next...
IMG20231226175924.jpg
That bit under primer now....
IMG20231226180120.jpg
Tried to sort the gun muzzles...
IMG20231226180140.jpg
The motor, obviously the closed up version....
IMG20231226180513.jpg
.. and that's the bit that'll be added to some clever etch later. ;)
... So then,I apologise for my Slothlike build of this,I can only blame Rach,and her insistance on me doing little in my "War Office" over the last few days!! :sad:
Unfortunately, due to being self employed,I have to work quite a lot over the next 3 days!!... Until then, have a great time chaps :smiling3:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Well guys, I've done a bit more..
Assembled the pilot..
View attachment 498387
Looks pretty good, only slight adjustments needed :smiling3: ..
View attachment 498388
Some etch put on there.. I must say that I do think in a lot of this it's "etch for etch sake", although it was there so I added it!! :flushed:..next..
View attachment 498389
.... This was the closed cockpit guns,to me it looked like one side was broken?!! Couldn't really find any info to back my thoughts up,but I went ahead anyway!!..
... More to follow.... ;) ....
Pilot looks good Andy! Good job too.... ;)

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Cheers guys :smiling3:... It's much appreciated ;)
Anyway, been working all over for the last few days, but managed to get some time in now and then, I've concentrated on the pilot and panel..
IMG20231230164141.jpg
He,and the panel,are far from finished,the pilot especially will get some more treatment... HOWEVER, I'm not a figure painter,(and especially not in 1/48!!! ), but at the moment I'm pleased how it's coming along... more to come in the next few days... for those that I've not bored to death already!! ;)

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Pilot is looking great Andy.
Cheers buddy, I'm starting to concentrate more on this type of thing now... it's something that I've suddenly woken up to,as in, how it's an important part of the overall build :smiling3: my figure painting ain't great,but I'm trying to improve ;)

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Rather late to this , sorry Andy.
Love the office and the pilot.
Love to Rach and a pat to Cohan .

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Liking the pilot Andy! Are you using the Tim's "Marlow Method"?

Andrew

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Smifffy looking very good mate the pilot has turned out great.
Thanks mate, very kind :smiling3:
Great progress andy , pilot looks lovely , cheers tony
Cheers Tony, when a figure is cast this well,it makes even my painting look good!! ;)
Both panel and pilot looking very nice Mr Smith :thumb2:
Thank you mate,much appreciated :smiling3:
Rather late to this , sorry Andy.
Love the office and the pilot.
Love to Rach and a pat to Cohan .
Hi John, thanks very much mate,and the same to you and yours. :smiling3:
Liking the pilot Andy! Are you using the Tim's "Marlow Method"?

Andrew
Cheers Andrew,I am sort of.. a mix of the "Marlow method",and the "Smythe method".... Two very similar approaches until you mix them...
... Then it goes horribly, horribly,wrong!! :tears-of-joy:

... An update,of sorts, coming up soon !! :tired:....

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Ok,so ere be some progress pics..
IMG20240101172324.jpg
IMG20240101172742.jpg
So there's Otto on his position,and I must admit they he fits PERFECTLY, even his hand pretty much grasps the joy stick. :smiling3:
... Unfortunately, that's as good as it gets,the best part of this build has been the AM pilot!! :sad:
IMG20240104194233.jpg
It's been a real struggle getting this together, for MANY reasons, however, I'm no expert,so it could just be me...
IMG20240106165809.jpg
It's OKAY I guess, but I'm certainly not happy with it,too much phaff, cutting,and filling.. a real shame,but I have to say that I'll be flogging off my other Profipack kits, I've seen the Hassle that Andy T had with his 110,and I gotta say that this hasn't been enjoyable at all,which is what it should be about eh?!! :smiling3:
I'm going to finish it,but may look out for a better iteration in the future. :smiling3:

Attachments

• IMG20240102201314.jpg
    IMG20240102201314.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 6

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Ok,so ere be some progress pics..
View attachment 499194
View attachment 499195
So there's Otto on his position,and I must admit they he fits PERFECTLY, even his hand pretty much grasps the joy stick. :smiling3:
... Unfortunately, that's as good as it gets,the best part of this build has been the AM pilot!! :sad:
View attachment 499198
It's been a real struggle getting this together, for MANY reasons, however, I'm no expert,so it could just be me...

It's OKAY I guess, but I'm certainly not happy with it,too much phaff, cutting,and filling.. a real shame,but I have to say that I'll be flogging off my other Profipack kits, I've seen the Hassle that Andy T had with his 110,and I gotta say that this hasn't been enjoyable at all,which is what it should be about eh?!! :smiling3:
I'm going to finish it,but may look out for a better iteration in the future. :smiling3:

Andy

Really sorry to hear that, especially as you got them after seeing my acquisitions......but check the vintage of the kits before you ditch them. Yours is 2012 and AndyT's was around 2010 IIRC and so that might be the issue. I certainly had a few problems with my Yak and that was 1998.

ATB

Andrew

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
The eduard kits ive done have been good so thats a shame, guess they all knock out a not so great one from time to time, sure itll look ok time you got some paint on it.