Andy's 1:48 ICM HE 111

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Yep, just when you thought you'd got rid of me... I'm back with another Wingy build :astonished:!!
Another of my favourite WW2 German planes, always loved the look of the 111,in all of it's regalia,(with that in mind, I've not decided wether to do the bomber or Torpedo Bomber version yet :thinking:),
So then...the kit...
IMG20240124174658.jpg
As you can see,there are a LOT of "extras" with it,not sure they'll all be used,(it was an eBay win,so came with it anyway!),the box is absolutely rammed with sprues...
IMG20240124180637.jpg
IMG20240124180825.jpg
IMG20240124181241.jpg
IMG20240124181627.jpg
IMG20240124181722.jpg
IMG20240124181745.jpg
...and the clear bits...
IMG20240124182341.jpg
So there you have it,it looks a cracking kit,(mind you,I DO like ICM stuff ;) )
It's actually a bit bigger than I'd expected, but looks very cool indeed!
I've made a start,more of that later mind,for now, anyone who'd like to pop in from time to time,or follow/comment,will be very welcome... Or just hurl plain old abuse!! :smiling3:
Cheers for now.....

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Think that mask set is a must for this,its practically a flying greenhouse, done a couple of icm trucks that were pretty nice kits so interested to see how well there planes go together.

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
I'm in!! I remember making this as a kid. Didn't paint it just shot ten bells out of it with my mates air rifle!!!
So this will be a walk down memory lane without pellets and with paint and decals this time.

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Think that mask set is a must for this,its practically a flying greenhouse, done a couple of icm trucks that were pretty nice kits so interested to see how well there planes go together.
Yep,I wouldn't dream of tackling this without a mask set Mark, although there is only one set,so will have to try and use them on the inside,then remove them and apply to the outside where possible?!:flushed:
As for the fit,so far it's been a dream :thumb2:
Another subject I fancy tackling in the future (I have a thing for canopies :thinking:
:tears-of-joy:)

Will pull up a chair.
Good to see you looking in Andy,this is certainly one mother of a canopy!!:tears-of-joy:
I'm in!! I remember making this as a kid. Didn't paint it just shot ten bells out of it with my mates air rifle!!!
So this will be a walk down memory lane without pellets and with paint and decals this time.
Hi Doug,no pellets will be used on this one..... well, not unless things go horribly, horribly wrong!!:astonished:;)

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Will defo follow this one. It's a far better kit than the old Revell/Monogram one. I still haven't finished my one but i really do like the look of this kit.

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
NIce start Andy!
Thanks Andrew, it's certainly a build which goes together at some pace :smiling3:
Will defo follow this one. It's a far better kit than the old Revell/Monogram one. I still haven't finished my one but i really do like the look of this kit.
Hi Alan,I don't have any experience of doing one before,so can't make any comparisons.... what I DO know is, from what I've seen and done so far, it's a quality kit,with superb details :thumb2:.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
img20240125185329-jpg.500663
At first I thought I had accidentally opened a thread about building some early 20th century steam lorry kit, but looking at the page title I saw I was in the one I thought I was looking at after all :smiling3:

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
At first I thought I had accidentally opened a thread about building some early 20th century steam lorry kit, but looking at the page title I saw I was in the one I thought I was looking at after all :smiling3:
I have to admit to having to go back and reread it all after looking at the skeleton!!!!!

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Andy,
I'm in matey chair at the front please.
Great to see you Scottie,and make yourself comfy.. this may take a while !! ;)
A lot of kit you have there Andy. It will build into a large model. Sitting and watching.
It sure is Jim, good to see you popping in Sir :thumb2:
Hi Jakko, not sure I get what you mean there, but good to have you along :tongue-out:.

I have to admit to having to go back and reread it all after looking at the skeleton!!!!!
.. as the above Doug, it's obviously just me, but I don't understand the "steam lorry" thing!! ... Probably just because I'm a Devonian !!:flushed:

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Great to see you Scottie,and make yourself comfy.. this may take a while !! ;)

It sure is Jim, good to see you popping in Sir :thumb2:

Hi Jakko, not sure I get what you mean there, but good to have you along :tongue-out:.

.. as the above Doug, it's obviously just me, but I don't understand the "steam lorry" thing!! ... Probably just because I'm a Devonian !!:flushed:
My excuse is; I'm cream crackered. Been out most of the day with the pooch. (1st Birthday). Hers not mine!!!!! Although mine would explain a lot!!!

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
.... More progress..
IMG20240129182429.jpg

IMG20240129182357.jpg
Some basic painting going on,..
Then ....

IMG20240129182701.jpg

... Some tiny,TINY, bits for the M.G. Barrels there,I also decided to put the support brackets for the rack for the ammo tubs on first..... we'll see how that works out eh!!
IMG20240129182605.jpg
... And some "glass" going in there :smiling3:

Last edited:

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
.... it's been a nightmare of a week work wise, but got some etch and detail painting underway,also tried to make it a little dirty and "scuffed"...
IMG20240202140756.jpg

IMG20240201184155.jpg
... Lots more tiny and fiddly stuff to go in there yet,and on the fuselage halves.For now though, I'm going to give my eyes a rest and skip on to build up the engines.
Thanks for looking in :smiling3: