S

Satnav313

Great work so far Andy.

The figures really do look the part.

Again, great job,

Tom.

S

Sky Raider

Thanks mate. Glad you like it. I think it will turn out pretty good in the end.

Cheers

Andy

S

Sky Raider

Hi Gang,

Been busy again with the little bits of plastic, here are the pics of the canopy fitted to the cockpit, it still has all of the external framing to do yet. And the rear gunner albert and his twin gun assembly.

Cheers

Andy

View attachment 20089

View attachment 20090

View attachment 20091

View attachment 20092

View attachment 20093

View attachment 20094

View attachment 20095

View attachment 20096

View attachment 20097

View attachment 20098

View attachment 20099

View attachment 20100

View attachment 20101

Canopy.jpg

Canopy 2.jpg

Canopy 3.jpg

Canopy 4.jpg

Front overview.jpg

Rear Gunner.jpg

Rear Gun.jpg

Raer Gun 2.jpg

Rear Gun 3.jpg

Rear Gun 4.jpg

Rear Gun 5.jpg

Rear Gun 7.jpg

Rear Gun 6.jpg

S

Sky Raider

\ said:
looking great andy. How longs it taken you so far?

Tom
Not sure mate unless i do a count up of the hours i have maked on the calander, at a guess i would say 180 hours average. I will know this time as i have kept a log.

Andy

S

Sky Raider

Last edited:
S

Sky Raider

You are too kind John, This one will go up for sale when it is done mate

Thanks

Andy

M

Mighty Finn

Best of luck with the project. Glad the house is well underway as your next project will probably be a hangar.

S

Sky Raider

\ said:
Best of luck with the project. Glad the house is well underway as your next project will probably be a hangar.
Thanks mate. The loft convertion is now complete. The carpet goes down next weekend, unfortunatly Ting Ting now wants the lounge starting. Not only does she want to throw out a suit i paid £3500 for she has today picked the carpet....obviously she went straight for the dearest sample book and stopped dead at a cost of £850, "this will go with the new suite i have picked " said she!!! in the sale at £2500.00 a bargain i thinks, i get to save a grand as oposed to the last one i brought. I think ill keep the suite we have and get rid of her.

Andy

S

Sky Raider

\ said:
Hi mate,

Thanks for your kind words, i think you may be right about the hanger.

Andy

S

Sky Raider

Hi Gang,

Me again, having finshed the detail as far as i can go i have moved onto the wing construction. Not as much fun as cockpits but rewarding just the same. You will see the structure of the wing here and would probably agree that it seems a little on the weak side...mainly all balsa, not much hard stuff. Also you will see the wing skin detail. Stick 4 planks together and sand level then check, trim and apply to wing ribs, simples.

Andy

View attachment 20240

View attachment 20241

View attachment 20242

View attachment 20243

View attachment 20244

View attachment 20245

View attachment 20246

View attachment 20247

View attachment 20248

View attachment 20249

View attachment 20250

View attachment 20251

Wings Joined togehter.jpg

Overview of wing ribs.jpg

Aileron Servo.jpg

Aileron Servo fitted in position.jpg

Servo screwed into place.jpg

Making a wing skin.jpg

Fitting upper wing skin.jpg

One half upper skin fitted.jpg

Useful Weights.jpg

Upper skins 2.jpg

Upper skins 3.jpg

Upper skins fitted.jpg

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
really starting to motor along now andy,she'll be up in the air in no time ,keep up the good work cheers tony

S

Sky Raider

\ said:
really starting to motor along now andy,she'll be up in the air in no time ,keep up the good work cheers tony
Thanks Tony, much appreciated. Once the wings are done, i can build in the motors then i can fibreglass the wings and get the primer on.

Seems a long haul job at the moment but i will keep chipping away.

Thanks again Mate.

Andy

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
You know Andy, the more i see the more i want to start play with balsa wood again. And it just so happens i found some plans for a Spit & Hurricane, everyone loves the Spitfire (so do i) but i think i'll do the Hurricane when i have the time & balsa.

Have fun, John

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Although I'm not contributing a great deal to your thread Andy I am following it all the way and I like what I see.....What is the wingspan on this please?

By the way, thanks for the comments on my saw'd off runt!!

Ron

S

Sky Raider

\ said:
You know Andy, the more i see the more i want to start play with balsa wood again. And it just so happens i found some plans for a Spit & Hurricane, everyone loves the Spitfire (so do i) but i think i'll do the Hurricane when i have the time & balsa.Have fun, John
Thanks John. Spits are a real sod to land. The undercarriage is to close, tends to tip if you get it wrong. I think you have made the right choice mate.

Cheers

Andy

S

Sky Raider

\ said:
Although I'm not contributing a great deal to your thread Andy I am following it all the way and I like what I see.....What is the wingspan on this please?By the way, thanks for the comments on my saw'd off runt!!

Ron
She has a 64" span mate. Should look good in the air.

Cheers

Andy