B25 Construction 1/8 Scale

S

Sky Raider

Hi Tom

Thanks for your kind words. I havent thought much of the next one yet, i also have to think about space to. If i build another as i would like to, something must go up for sale. Either the Thunderbolt or the Mitchell. I would like to keep both... cant happen though im afraid.

What would you like to see next?. Perhaps all of the gang could take a vote.

Keep up the good work.

Andy

S

Satnav313

Hi Andy,

I would personally like to see something like an f4u corsair or a japanese zero.

Something unusual on the rc plane threads.

Tom

S

Sky Raider

Two very nice planes Tom. I have also had my mind on a Makki. Been thinking of the B52 also. There are really so many to choose from.

Andy

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
I would like to know where you put them Andy, i'm having trouble finding the space for 1/48 scale models, let alone 1/6 or 1/4 scale. I'd love to see you build the B-29 Superfortress but, i think that will be pushing it a little for space lol.

Have fun, John

S

Sky Raider

Hi John,

You are right mate, space is getting a little tight now. I love your suggestion. Keep them comming guys i will list them all and pic the most popular for my next project. It will be nice to build something you guys really want to see.

Andy

S

Sky Raider

Now we move onto the flight control panel. The first picture you see is the part supplied with the kit, as is the case with all of these parts, they look prety naff and would be a crime to even consider installing into the kit. As usual i have made my own parts for this and it will be the norm for this and any other kit i build. The dash is made up of 4 peices and is real fiddley as it is so small. Not having any transfers provided for the clocks i decided to scratch the detail into the black paint just to give some definition. Hope you guys like these.

Andy

View attachment 19858

View attachment 19859

View attachment 19860

View attachment 19861

View attachment 19862

View attachment 19863

View attachment 19864

Supplied Dash.jpg

Scratch build dash.jpg

Dash 2.jpg

Dash 3.jpg

Dash 4.jpg

Dash 5.jpg

Dash 6.jpg

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
great work as usual, andy.Keep it up. On the subject of what to do next, im really into 30's racing aircraft lately,so i think a geebee r1 or a caudron 450 would look wicked as a rc plane ,and i know theres a kit of the geebee in about 1/6 ive seen it on youtube! cheers tony

S

Sky Raider

\ said:
great work as usual, andy.Keep it up. On the subject of what to do next, im really into 30's racing aircraft lately,so i think a geebee r1 or a caudron 450 would look wicked as a rc plane ,and i know theres a kit of the geebee in about 1/6 ive seen it on youtube! cheers tony
Thanks Tony. I havent seen either of these planes that you are suggesting. I will have to have a look, see if i can find some pics mate.

Thanks again for your kind comments

Andy

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
\ said:
Hi John,You are right mate, space is getting a little tight now. I love your suggestion. Keep them comming guys i will list them all and pic the most popular for my next project. It will be nice to build something you guys really want to see.

Andy
The mem sahib got her bus pass today (Tues) so I had to take her away for a few days leading up to it....

"Where to dear?" sez I

"Just take me south 'till the butter melts!" sez she

So I did. I am home now with a fist full of leasure points and quietly on't computer whilst she entertains her dippy mates!!!!

To business....

This B-25 is looking something else now, Andy.

Here are some of my favs. for your list... WW1, SE5-A / Sopwith Camel.

WW2, DH. Mosquito / Westland Whirlwind / JU 88 / Boulton Paul Defiant,

Corsair.

How about a 1/6th Bismark? Should fill up your remaining space just nice!!!

:beer:

Ron

S

Sky Raider

Good to have you back Ron. Hope you enjoyed your trek. I like your list mate and i have thought about the Camel, it looks a good build. I will compile a list from this thread when everyone has added their favs and trawl through the net to see what i think would be good. I will then narrow down my choice to about 4 and then ask you guys to choose for me. Thanks for the kind words, i will have some more pics in a day or to for you to look at. When i have scaled out the cockpit im going to finish off the wings so that i can get them fitted and align the stab and fin.

Thanks again Ron.

Andy :photographer:

B

Bluewavestudios

Hi Andy,

Loving the work on this one, especially the way the parts look once they are painted up and fitted in place. I can see another masterpiece appearing here.

Keep up the good work and I look forwards to seeing more when I get back !!

Regards......Mark.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Once again,brilliant scratchbuilding,andy.You really should consider making a static plastic model youd do a fantastic job(in between doing this,learning to fly the cessna ,flying the jug,finishing the loft and keeping ting ting happy!!!!) keep up the output ,cheers tony

S

Sky Raider

\ said:
Hi Andy,Loving the work on this one, especially the way the parts look once they are painted up and fitted in place. I can see another masterpiece appearing here.

Keep up the good work and I look forwards to seeing more when I get back !!

Regards......Mark.
Thanks Mark, i should have made some good progress by the time you get back, and by the time you get to catch up on all the fellow members posts i will probably have completed it.lol

Andy

S

Sky Raider

\ said:
Once again,brilliant scratchbuilding,andy.You really should consider making a static plastic model youd do a fantastic job(in between doing this,learning to fly the cessna ,flying the jug,finishing the loft and keeping ting ting happy!!!!) keep up the output ,cheers tony
Thanks Tony,

You are right mate, the list goes on.... she will want the living room decorated before christmas and then there is a whole new bathroom to install and tile including installing a walk in shower. Then i have to install another rad for the living room, stripout the fire and back boiler, make good and fit the 50" plasma on the wall to give us some room back. Change all the doors upstairs because she dont like them anymore. Then i want to carpet the workshop. All this and i still have to find time to shoot clays as i have been neglecting this hobby. For those interested and who live in the midlands, this sunday there is a large model air show at the motor museum Gaydon Warwickshire, all the usual trade stands will be there, these models are supposed to be huge some are 1/4 scale. Me thinks me will be going for a look around.

Thanks for your support mate

Andy

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
\ said:
Thanks Tony,You are right mate, the list goes on.... she will want the living room decorated before christmas and then there is a whole new bathroom to install and tile including installing a walk in shower. Then i have to install another rad for the living room, stripout the fire and back boiler, make good and fit the 50" plasma on the wall to give us some room back. Change all the doors upstairs because she dont like them anymore. Then i want to carpet the workshop. All this and i still have to find time to shoot clays as i have been neglecting this hobby. For those interested and who live in the midlands, this sunday there is a large model air show at the motor museum Gaydon Warwickshire, all the usual trade stands will be there, these models are supposed to be huge some are 1/4 scale. Me thinks me will be going for a look around.

Thanks for your support mate

Andy
Gawd struth mate, you need a hand.

Why don't you just give us all your address, supply the ale and bacon butties, sling 'ting ting' off to a health farm for a few days then we could all get stuck into the jobs! Oh, and rig the tele up so I can watch the footy........Is it a deal?

Ron

S

Sky Raider

\ said:
Gawd struth mate, you need a hand.Why don't you just give us all your address, supply the ale and bacon butties, sling 'ting ting' off to a health farm for a few days then we could all get stuck into the jobs! Oh, and rig the tele up so I can watch the footy........Is it a deal?

Ron
Thats a great idea mate, i have HD to so you could almost be at the match. I bet i would have to stick a roller on the end of a brush stale so that you could paint the ceiling whilst sitting in the recliner watching the footy with a tin in the other hand.

Andy

S

Sky Raider

Hi gang,

Another section complete, here is the finished cockpit. A little story behind this one. The two crew members that you see are actually naval life guards. They came in a kit of three. The one looking in the distance was actually standing and i did some sawing and filling to get him to sit. Whilst at the LMA show on Sunday i spotted these and they are actually 1/24 figures, unfortunatly the stall was for model boat enthusiasts only. I knew i wouldn't find any pilots anywhere so i purchased them. Painted them as they were originally yellow with red life jackets. I think i made a good choice here as they actually look the part. The third member is also a standing figure and is to be used in the top gun turret. Hope you like the progress so far.

Cheers

Andy

View attachment 20037

View attachment 20038

View attachment 20039

View attachment 20040

View attachment 20041

View attachment 20042

View attachment 20043

Finished cockpit.jpg

Finished cocpit 2.jpg

Finished cockpit 3.jpg