Bismarck. Trumpeter 1/200.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well it that time where I start something large... Hope this is large enough. It was a coin toss twixt this and Yamato. As we have just had one of those, you will have to suffer a Bismarck.
A recap of the collective goodies:
20230127_110855.jpg
Here's the star of the show

20230127_110914.jpg
Co starring A Sh...........ed load of PE from Eduard. and some turned barrels for the plethora of guns and cannons. Having had a look at the Eduard I thing it safe to say that about half will not get used.
20230208_125259.jpg
Found some nice resin blast bags for all the bigger guns. All different. Well they say they are.
20230208_125307.jpg
A batch of 6 and 8 metre cutters. Not sure if Trumpeter missed them or if they are better than the kits ones, they where almost free so what the hell. lol
20230208_125314.jpg
And of course the deck set. Which also has chains and some more bleeping PE .

Just thought I would have a look at the bits and see how things are and....Never having used a wood deck (for a plastic kit) befor thought I would have a look at them.... Not to bad.
Oddly one side of the foredeck was a bit off and did not line up 100% with the holes, lumps and bumps. Good enough but Hmm.

20230427_124210.jpg
Figured out that the quickest way is to peel off the deck panel you need and drop it in place. The first bit I was picking all the openings out... lol.
The two deck houses are just sitting there. The only building so far has been fitting the internal braces in the hull and the very front lower part of the bow. ( I nearly wrote front bottom then lol).

20230427_124248.jpg
A rather poor close up of the detail in the decking. Couldn't paint that! Well I couldn't.

BREAKING NEWS: Just had an E-mail from my 'local' paint pusher has got a delivery of Colour coats paint! The missing paints are now as I write on there way from darkest Jutland so I no longer have that excuse any more.

I hope that a few of you drop in from time to time. Don't expect a two week build though. Its spring I have a big garden.

Cheers.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
What's not to love Ian. An iconic WW2 ship, a large scale and loads of extras. I'm looking forward to this monster build.
DITTO to what Jim said Ian as i think this is your first ship build i have seen so i'll be followin avidly HOORAY anther floaty thing bein built great stuff
chrisb

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Have you fixed that wooden deck without painting all the sticky-up bits?
The most of the sticky up bits are just places other bits get stuck down over, a few are going to need paint but I have masking tape lol Turret bases and companion ways mostly.
I'll fix the deck down once the hull is painted though.
i think this is your first ship build i have seen
There are a few in this section you might have to dig a bit though as it has been a good while since I built one. There are a few 1/35 torpedo boats and the 1/200 Hood but you might need to go back three year for that one.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
20230208_125259-jpg.480170

Ian when I first saw these the ones on the left I thought they were clogs ;)
I shall take a seat next to Chris, he can tell me the finer points as you progress.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
I brought my chaise lounge, pillow and a blanket for this one Ian. Definitely will be a long build with all the AM stuff. Oh, and I don't think it will fit in your showcase when It's done either. I guess it's off to Ikea before she's finished...

Prost
Allen

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I brought my chaise lounge, pillow and a blanket for this one Ian. Definitely will be a long build with all the AM stuff. Oh, and I don't think it will fit in your showcase when It's done either. I guess it's off to Ikea before she's finished...

Prost
Allen
I can see your confusion, but the cabinet is built, sort of...Hang on.

20230428_120945.jpg
The main bit is done, need a back board, a couple of French cleats, and some sliding doors! Then it can get hung on the wall and not fill my computer desk!

Here are a couple I built earlier... as in a few years back. As you observed they are quite full.
20230428_121005.jpg

20230428_121105.jpg
And those boats! Actually in the lounge! Bottom part all 1/35 top part 1/200 Hood (and a baby one.. 1/600? top shelf all 1/72!
Any who!

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Todays (and a bit yesterday) efforts. Port hole and the PE begin.
20230428_115309.jpg
In the best Trumpy tradition, they will have that we build all the fiddly stuff right at the start...So Far no Eduard PE used. they would have that the main capstan, back row with the large wheel on top, has said wheel replaced with PE ! Erm.... NO not going to happen. A great example of PE for the sake of it. The kit part is much better! (Not flat).
Discovered that yet another new AMMO CA has glued its self shut. That is now two!!! Grrr.
20230428_115330.jpg
I Got the shaft holders and the rear of the hull part for the shaft tubes sorted. Some of the Drilled portholes can also be seen.

Now its lunch and a coffee. (when I have cleaned the coffee machine! typical!

Laters

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
See your painting the small bits first Done those clogs yet ;)
Going to be some length when done Ian , how long please ?

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Nice one Ian. This is another project I’ve got in the queue so I’ll follow this with interest. BTW, the cabinets look great - a very nice collection of great models. Cheers, P

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Good evening Ian

Yes it's me, count me in please. Have this in the stash, so learning how to build it properly!!!