boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Lovely pictures Chris! What a beauty she is
HI Seven thank you sir yes she does look good but she still got some small probs to be sorted out after a model show at the end of the month as its a 2 day affair an my freind paul is goin to take my norfolk an i will take tiger an we will put his ships an both mine on show so should be a really good display of how to show the public how these models are built as quite a lot of people think they can be bought from model shops an i said yes there are some small boats an yaghts at shops but not big ones like these as the shops would charge thounds an i cant see any one wantin to spend that kind of money unless he or she is a boat nut like we are lol
ATB Steven

chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
She really does look amazing, look forward to the next one
HI Mick thank you Sir an the next one ? well i was goin to make a model combine an may do yet but it will proberly be a ship i reckon but i want to do a famaous ship an not bismark or tirpitz or hood or such as they have been done to the death so what it will be i dont know as at the moment just enjoyin tiger an tryin to sort out the gremlins in her so hopefully when i do she should
sail good next yr
but here is the list of things i have to put right below
1. Fit new heavy duty servo to work rudder as the one thats fitted is not strong enough an the one ive bought has all meatal gears an water proof an wil push 15 k/g in wheght so should do the job
2. remove the back ESC that has played up an rewire a new wirein harness to fit to the good ESC to work all 4 motors if it will without blowin up as its rated at 320 amps so should do the job
3.remove the hanger deck an have a look why the hanger door not workin an the interior lights
4.FIT in her rear section a builge pump to pump out any water that comes up the pro shafts
5. drill out the old led in the strarboard gun barrel that has packed up an fit new one in an wire it up
6. find out why smoke unit will only run for 10 mins when its suppoced to run for 30 mins
AN I THINK that list concludes my gremlins list to sort out on Tiger over christmas just as well it will be winter time so plenty of model room time an some probs may be sorted out quickly but i cant get that lucky Aaaaarrcchh
SO Mick that my time laid out till new yr
ATB
CHRISB

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
HI Mick thank you Sir an the next one ? well i was goin to make a model combine an may do yet but it will proberly be a ship i reckon but i want to do a famaous ship an not bismark or tirpitz or hood or such as they have been done to the death so what it will be i dont know as at the moment just enjoyin tiger an tryin to sort out the gremlins in her so hopefully when i do she should
sail good next yr
but here is the list of things i have to put right below
1. Fit new heavy duty servo to work rudder as the one thats fitted is not strong enough an the one ive bought has all meatal gears an water proof an wil push 15 k/g in wheght so should do the job
2. remove the back ESC that has played up an rewire a new wirein harness to fit to the good ESC to work all 4 motors if it will without blowin up as its rated at 320 amps so should do the job
3.remove the hanger deck an have a look why the hanger door not workin an the interior lights
4.FIT in her rear section a builge pump to pump out any water that comes up the pro shafts
5. drill out the old led in the strarboard gun barrel that has packed up an fit new one in an wire it up
6. find out why smoke unit will only run for 10 mins when its suppoced to run for 30 mins
AN I THINK that list concludes my gremlins list to sort out on Tiger over christmas just as well it will be winter time so plenty of model room time an some probs may be sorted out quickly but i cant get that lucky Aaaaarrcchh
SO Mick that my time laid out till new yr
ATB
CHRISB
That little snagging list will keep you busy. Ever considered an aircraft carrier?

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI ALL if anybody is instrested in my USS NIMITZ build its on page 6 in ships under construction
chrisb

Last edited by a moderator:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI GUYS well its back to the drawin board im a fraid as them big motors are drawin so much power with the 40 amp fuses in that ive discovered that the r/c wires that feed the R/X HAVE MELTED so im a bit at a loss as 30 amp fuses blow when i run the motors with prop load an it now seems that 40 amp fuses are to powerfull an not blowin so im gonna fit 35 amp fuse so its inbetween the power rateins
now ive found with them big motors in that they dont like to power two motors from one 320 amp esc so im now goin to try one esc per motor so all in it will be 4 esc one each to power one motor so on the r/c wire where i take out a red wire with 2 esc but now im hopein to have 4 esc in do i remove 3 red wires an leave just one in ? i hope this is understandable ?
:((

chrisb

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I know money dont grow on trees but I think it is about time you took those 'new' oversize motors out and used them as ballast!
Save a few beer tokens and buy 4 low speed, high torque motors. It will save you so much trouble in the end. cost wise they are about £30 each BUT can run a ships prop up to 120mm diameter.

Carson truck puller 3 12v
Nominel (V)Nominal voltage12v
UbelastetRPM without load6.300
Maks. ydelse (A)Max effect 5,2A
Effekt (W)effect62W
MotortypebrushedTraditionel
Tilslutningsstikconnecter Standard fartregulator-stik (standard ECS type)
Motordiameter (Ø mm)35
Operationsområde (V)Voltage range3,7 - 14,4v

Carson truck puller 3 designed for high load use such as ships or trucks. come as both 12 v or 7.2

You can always sell the other motors (that work).

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
I know money dont grow on trees but I think it is about time you took those 'new' oversize motors out and used them as ballast!
Save a few beer tokens and buy 4 low speed, high torque motors. It will save you so much trouble in the end. cost wise they are about £30 each BUT can run a ships prop up to 120mm diameter.

Carson truck puller 3 12v
Nominel (V)Nominal voltage12v
UbelastetRPM without load6.300
Maks. ydelse (A)Max effect5,2A
Effekt (W)effect62W
MotortypebrushedTraditionel
TilslutningsstikconnecterStandard fartregulator-stik (standard ECS type)
Motordiameter (Ø mm)35
Operationsområde (V)Voltage range3,7 - 14,4v

Carson truck puller 3 designed for high load use such as ships or trucks. come as both 12 v or 7.2

You can always sell the other motors (that work).
HI Ian could you put up a link to these motors please ?
cheers ATB
CHRISB

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Was the first that came up on a Google search for 'truck puller 3' there are many others that have them. Just look in any shop that sell RC gear. Maybe even John can get them?

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Was the first that came up on a Google search for 'truck puller 3' there are many others that have them. Just look in any shop that sell RC gear. Maybe even John can get them?
CHEERS Ian for the link but cant afford them at the moment but maybe later if my other new ESC 'sDONT work them motors STUCK THESE IN MY FAV'S
ATB
Chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI GUYS the r/c wires that feed the R/X HAVE MELTED so im a bit at a loss as 30 amp fuses blow when i run the motors with prop load an it now seems that 40 amp fuses are to powerfull an not blowin so im gonna fit 35 amp fuse so its inbetween the power rateins an a pic of one of the set of wires that go to the R/X an if you look close you can see the melted wires why its done this i dont know as its only 6v suppose to be goin through these wires OH DEAR
PIC BELOW IMG_8594.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI ALL well ive fixed the rework list on TIGER an they all work now just bar the gun led as its goin to reqire quite a bit of timeon that an would you belevie it but that led in now workin again blimey wonders will never cease so now today all the 4 new ESC's have come by the van man so now it should take about a week to make up a new heavy duty wirein harness to fit all 4 motors an wire them in to her 4 ESC's so hopefully things are lookin up for tiger an if it still dont work well wont be for the lack of tryin lol
chrisb

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Brilliant news Chris. Absolutely brilliant!!