boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
You will all have it all sorted soon mate a man of your skills.
HI Scottie well i thought i had some skills but im not so sure as this is about the 6th time im doin this an i blame this bloomin ole BECC system but this is one more try but i have enough ESC'S to try again after this so i wont give up but im not far off goin round the bend lol

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
What Scottie said Chris!
CHEERS Bob
AN Rick cheers yes i hope i can get this all goin as it goes great on the table top its in the water when probs start an i feel like im lettin you all down as i know quite a few of you have been with this build from her birth like exspectant farthers lol so hope this time i'll get it right ? BUT IT SEEMS to me that its the eletronics that is letin me down as it just i dont think its man enough to do the job
chrisb

Last edited:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
WELL GUYS ive started on wirein up them 4 ESC's an im now not sure if they will all work togeather as there are some weird switch layouts on them new ESC's so will have to have a butchers at them destructions an then try it all out in a bread board fashion before i fit them in tiger i dont know !!!! when they make these eletronics they all are different in some ways an that causein me my greif an so problems Aaaaarrrrrrccchhhhhhh
chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hello again Guys
well been busy for the last two day wireing up them 4 ESC 's more eletrics for the 6th attempt phew an its been a Bu*ger tryin to bend this heavy duty wire hurts my fingers it has an tryin to solder all the terminals on WHEW BUT here now ive done it to wire them up firstly on a 5inch sqaure bit of wood as thats all the space i have in tiger now ive just got to hope they will all run togeather AaaaaaaccchhhhhIMG_8597.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN here the 4 ESC 'S with their 4 way fuse box fitted with 4 x 20 amp fuses as these will power just one motor each an hopefully there wont be to much power goin through the system 's but i'll find out on the bread board phew
IMG_8598.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Looks very tidy work. Did you try one motor/esc at a time to check the power...?
YES Ian an each one ran great an no 20 amp fuse blow but i havnt got water load from the props yet so wont get an accrute power reading will i but just got to try it an see an i have today wired up all 4 ESC with one motor on each ESC an they all ran very good so heres hopein that things are lookin up but im still goin to lower the power to 80% usein daul rates on the throttle in my T/X so hopefully light at end of tunnel
but cant try her till nxt yr so a little wait
chrisb

Last edited:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI GUYS well ive fitted them ESC's but due to how short a red postitive wire is they have turned out very close an if they get hot could cause a massive short out an im not happy with how close they are so im leavin them now till after next wks model show then im pullin them all out an doin a rewire with wire exstentions so they will be further apart but they do all work ok so that something posative an a pic of a complete B*lls up
IMG_8600.JPG

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Chris, I feel for you buddy. One step forward - two back. I wish I could offer some electricery advice but I'd be talking utter tripe!!
Good luck on solving your conundrum!!!!

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I've said it before Chris but I'll say it again - your skill, motivation and perseverance are truly inspirational! I suspect most of us would have given up long ago and just put her in a case!
Steve

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
As the others have said Chris, I can only commend you for your perseverance!

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris, I feel for you buddy. One step forward - two back. I wish I could offer some electricery advice but I'd be talking utter tripe!!
Good luck on solving your conundrum!!!!
HI Doug cheers for your nice comments cheered me up they have an yes it is one forward an two back but ive put too much dosh an effort into Tiger to give up on her as the model ship itself is sound an no probs with her sailin which ive seen others have when their model is sinkin an ive seen a few in my time so its try try try again wish i could get some esc made in england as i think they would be better qaulity then these chink things so cheers for your reply boosted me up that has
ATB
Chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
I'm with Doug on giving elec advice , but you are a tryer Chris. Can't see you ever being defeated . Most would have resigned themselves to having a failure, but not you .
AN HI John many thank for your nice comments also as i havnt been beaten yet on a model an if i can help it i wont just as well i havnt another ships hull or i would be tempted to leave tiger for a while an build that lol
cheers my freind
chrisb
What they sed! :thumb2:
an thanks also Rick matey
I've said it before Chris but I'll say it again - your skill, motivation and perseverance are truly inspirational! I suspect most of us would have given up long ago and just put her in a case!
Steve
AN HI Steve again many thanks for your kind words sir an put her in a CASE NO WAY as to buy a glass case to fit her would cost a fortune ON HOW BIG SHE IS an she is a workin model as i love to see ship models in a glass case but in a smaller size
ATB to you also sir

Or use it as an artificial reef someplace!!!
You’ll crack it Chris.
OH I hope so Doug as it isnt for the lack of tryin an as
J/R has said but THANK ALL YOU GUYS FOR YOUR SUPPORT as thats whats keepin me goin to try an get Tiger to go ok but as i said the model itself is ok its just this crappy chink eletronics that letting me down as think if my eletonics was made in england they would be ok but i cant remember the last time ive seen somethng that says MADE IN ENGLAND an ive gone through all the ESC on EBAY an they are all made in china so what can i do ?
ATB THE BEST GUYS
chrisb