Boatmans 1/72 nd scale HMS Tiger C20

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
YES Doug if you asume to much it will be what you have said LOL an this at the moment has happened to me as i assumed that diferent ESC would be ok but it wasnt an yes it was a big **** up an if that motor had hit me in the face i would have now been in A/E SO thats the reason im goin to strip out that other 30 amp eletronise ESC identical to the one in tiger already an two the same an i know they are good units as they work ok mind you the ESC in norfolk hasnt been powered up since last september so im hopein fot the best but not assumein lol an cheers for that chopper pilots veiw that great an yes tiger has a controll bubble for landin choppers on the flight deck an i have forgot to fit the window wipers i think it was Scottie who pointed this out so still abit to keep my ocuppied
ATB to you Sir
chrisb

HI ALL regards eletric probs ive finally worked out what i think is the problem but im not sayin yet till i do some experimeting an if im correct which i think i am then i'll need to do some rewirein in tiger to put it all right but will find out in a few days
Chrisb

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
HI ALL regards eletric probs ive finally worked out what i think is the problem but im not sayin yet till i do some experimeting an if im correct which i think i am then i'll need to do some rewirein in tiger to put it all right but will find out in a few days
Chrisb
Good luck Chris. Hope the re-wiring goes well.
May the force be with you!!

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Good luck Chris. Hope the re-wiring goes well.
May the force be with you!!
HI Doug yes i'll certainly need the force as ive ordered two new 320 amp ESC fitted with fans to keep them cool an just as well ive got 2 X R/X 's as im goin to have to fit in two R/X's one to work the motors an rudder an all 6 stabilizers an also to work the front bow thruster motor AN THE other one will work all the other assesories like them 4 radars an all the lights an sound units an such
SO ive got too have a complete rethink on the eletrics an this is due to the fact that this is the first time ive used these BECC units in my ship an that where all my toubles are comin from but not sayin any more till i find out for defeinet
chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI ALL well i dont know if you will understand this but ive found out what my eletric problem is on tiger so far an im pretty sure im right an below is a quick exslanplation of what ive done wrong an how im goin to get around it but will find out for defienet today
WELL ive been up since 4 am as this eletric problem as gotten to me but up the pond on sunday i was talkin to a chap an tellin him my probs an i he told me how this BECC system works better than anybody elese has an i now know what i have done wrong. An thats ive been tryin to mix the old way of tryin to save money an usein old ESC THAT ARE batt powered R/X (receiver) to work servo's AN the newer way OF the BECC power to work the servos an no battrey to power the R/X which is the receiver from the R/C HAND SET so an to cut a long story short im goin too have to have 2 R/X (RECIEVER's ) IN TIGER an that one at the back to power the rudder an all 6 stabilizers an to also power the
NEW 320 AMP ESC 'S X2 to POWER ALL FOUR MOTORS an also to power the bowthruster WHICH IS ALSO BECC POWERED in the front part of the ship .AN then the front R/X ( receveier) will power all things from its own batt power not like this BECC system to power all the other systems like all the 4 radars an all the lights an helicopter an red anti collishion lights an such but ive got to stop there as im pullin my hair out lol an im goin to try this all out TODAY how's that ALL hope you understand that as im only just gettin my head around it Aaaaaaaaccccccchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh an tryin to keep calm ALL THE BEST TO YOU ALL
chrisb

Last edited:
First Name
Andy
Hi Chris, I understand what you are trying to do having used BECC systems in RC model aircraft for years. It has been a long time since I stopped flying so the modern systems will be better than the ones I used so it should all be good for you. The only thing to watch is power consumption so that the main batteries do not lose too much power as you do not want the RX's shutting down and losing control.

Andy.

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
HI ALL well i dont know if you will understand this but ive found out what my eletric problem is on tiger so far an im pretty sure im right an below is a quick exslanplation of what ive done wrong an how im goin to get around it but will find out for defienet today
WELL ive been up since 4 am as this eletric problem as gotten to me but up the pond on sunday i was talkin to a chap an tellin him my probs an i he told me how this BECC system works better than anybody elese has an i now know what i have done wrong. An thats ive been tryin to mix the old way of tryin to save money an usein old ESC THAT ARE batt powered R/X (receiver) to work servo's AN the newer way OF the BECC power to work the servos an no battrey to power the R/X which is the receiver from the R/C HAND SET so an to cut a long story short im goin too have to have 2 R/X (RECIEVER's ) IN TIGER an that one at the back to power the rudder an all 6 stabilizers an to also power the
NEW 320 AMP ESC 'S X2 to POWER ALL FOUR MOTORS an also to power the bowthruster WHICH IS ALSO BECC POWERED in the front part of the ship .AN then the front R/X ( receveier) will power all things from its own batt power not like this BECC system to power all the other systems like all the 4 radars an all the lights an helicopter an red anti collishion lights an such but ive got to stop there as im pullin my hair out lol an im goin to try this all out TODAY how's that ALL hope you understand that as im only just gettin my head around it Aaaaaaaaccccccchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh an tryin to keep calm ALL THE BEST TO YOU ALL
chrisb
Nope! Electricery is black magic to me. I’m only glad they invented the electrician!!!
Your doing a grand job Chris just attempting to do battle with the stuff.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Nope! Electricery is black magic to me. I’m only glad they invented the electrician!!!
Your doing a grand job Chris just attempting to do battle with the stuff.
WELL Doug yes im doin battle with that elecy an so far ive been on the losein side lol but now im in possion of a clearer thoughts on where ive been goin wrong i hope today to get it all sorted BUT WILL I ? but unless i try tiger will never get on the wet stuff an be like that REAL POW a heap of junk in drydock
Aaaaacchhhh
chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Chris, I understand what you are trying to do having used BECC systems in RC model aircraft for years. It has been a long time since I stopped flying so the modern systems will be better than the ones I used so it should all be good for you. The only thing to watch is power consumption so that the main batteries do not lose too much power as you do not want the RX's shutting down and losing control.

Andy.
AN HI Andy yes you are right but i dont think i'll use too much power when every thing is goin as ive two wackin great 12 amp hr batts in her for power an for ballast an i she should not get out of control as in my R/C system ive got the failsafe up an running so if she does run amuk then the fail safe system should shut all 4 motors down untill i can get her back under controll an then i can bring her back to the pond egde to fit in new batts hows that Andy ?
chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
A stunning build, Chris. :thumb2:

Good luck with your HMS Clyde project should you get that underway.

Dave
OH Cheers Dave yes im pleased with the build its just them bloomin eletrics what are gettin me but i hope to sort it out when i get off the pc an thanks yes ive got clyde in my mind but one thing for sure it wont be as complex as this tiger Aaaaaaccchhhh
ATB ps any work done on that Dora ?
chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
WELL Guys ive been battlein the lecy an im winning a bit on these 4 motors as ive got them all workin from the BECC SYSTEM so thats done an i will remove these old ESC 'S so its ready for them new 320 amp ones when they come but i STILL cant get the bow thruster motor to work so all elecy still not done an tomorrow an i only hope they fit intructions in as its a crazy set up on the wirein as normalay they fit one red wire for postive an one black wire for negative an yellow an blue wires that got to the motors well this new ones have got two red wires an two black wires so which is which i dont know that weird so another battle in the offin Aaaaaacccchhhhh an just took jens tea up to her as she is in bed as she dont feel to good hope she is better tomorrow
chrisb

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Yeah Chris, hope you get the zappy stuff sorted out so's you can get this "Beastie" in the water soon.....don't want Garry hogging the pond do ya? Give my best to Jen and hope she feels better soon. :thumb2:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Yeah Chris, hope you get the zappy stuff sorted out so's you can get this "Beastie" in the water soon.....don't want Garry hogging the pond do ya? Give my best to Jen and hope she feels better soon. :thumb2:
YES so do i Rick as ive had this zappy probs now for two yrs ever since i fitted in them motors an this bl**dy ole becc system as im not impressed i much like the old way best never had much trouble gettin things to go with the old system but then this becc has been about for yonks an im bloomin glad i never had to fit it in but got to now as the old ESC they dont make anymore so forced onto this becc system an yes its ok if not many things goin but well now i have i think ive been a bit to clever for myself oh dear an yes Garry is hoggin all the pond lol with his fantastic build an very well done him an yes will give her your best wishes Rick to get better soon
ATB SIR
CHRISB

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Guys well im still battlelin this eletricary an for the last two days have wirein up these new 320 amp ESC 'S an its been really hard work tryin to bend the heavy duty wires so i can get them through differnt sizes terminls an to solder them so all good conctions an just finshed them both this evening an now tomorrow will be wire up day an ive figured out how to get all the eletrics to work from just ONE R/X instead of TWO so just got to hope they will all work an some pics of them new ESC 'S all with their terminalls all on phew im pooped so we are now goin out to get some fish an chips yummy IMG_8172.JPGIMG_8173.JPG

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hope after all this extra work Chris it works according to plan .

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
The Tiger looks great from the outside Chris:thumb2:...ever so close to the finish line. Sorry to hear she has tummy problems...
HI Guys well im still battlelin this eletricary an for the last two days have wirein up these new 320 amp ESC 'S an its been really hard work tryin to bend the heavy duty wires so i can get them through differnt sizes terminls an to solder them so all good conctions an just finshed them both this evening an now tomorrow will be wire up day an ive figured out how to get all the eletrics to work from just ONE R/X instead of TWO so just got to hope they will all work an some pics of them new ESC 'S all with their terminalls all on phew im pooped so we are now goin out to get some fish an chips yummy View attachment 480337View attachment 480338
I can see the mixing of different noodles can give indigestion but with the new ESC medication I think will solve the extra build up of gas...
An how they will look when fixed in as ive changed motors an ESC several times to try an get them to all work correctly an now instead of batt into R/X this will be all BECC
ChrisbView attachment 480339
The four diesels look good...looks like one multi-colored hairy compartment there Chris.. Fingers crossed all goes well.

Cheers,
Wabble

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hope after all this extra work Chris it works according to plan .
YES John really hope things go ok as im gettin desperate an its peenin me off now as this eletricaiery is so fuzzy an these new ESC have no screw terminals to alter the neutrel an speed controll like the older ESC so if they dont go then there is nothing i can do an to top it these new ESC came with no intruckions an the makers have just fitted red an black wires AS BY RIGHTS it should be red for +
an black for negative an then the motor feed wires should be yellow an blue but how they have wired it all up its pot luck if i get it right an dont blow up the ESC so i fitted in the circut a very low amp fuse so if its wrong wire to + then the fuse should blow an not damage the ESC an so far by studying the wirein from the ESC IM RIGHT an they go ok but its been nerve wrackin in case it all goes up in smoke as crazy no instructions Aaaaaaaaccccchhhhhhh SO see how i get on when wirein them up today an if things dont go right you will hear my swearin from here lol will let you all know how things go or NOT as the case maybe
ATB TO YOU BOTH chris an jen

Reactions: JR