Boatmans 1/72 nd scale HMS Tiger C20

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Ditto, what JR said.
CHREERS Rick
The Tiger looks great from the outside Chris:thumb2:...ever so close to the finish line. Sorry to hear she has tummy problems...

I can see the mixing of different noodles can give indigestion but with the new ESC medication I think will solve the extra build up of gas...

The four diesels look good...looks like one multi-colored hairy compartment there Chris.. Fingers crossed all goes well.

Cheers,
Wabble
an CHEERS also Wabble
chrisb

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
Sorry Chris, I missed the shift to the "completed ships" and had to catch up.
That problem with ESC with the ensuing "ejection" had to be really shocking.
Looking forward to see her sailing proudly and you proudly at her helm.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Andy so am i but still working on the eletrics as i think ive found out my main problem an that was a heavy duty red main live wire was faulty an only lettin partial power through to THE ESC'S an this was affecting both ESC 'S WHICH is crazy as the other one had a good live wire but it affected everything Aaaaaaaaccchhh an just lookin at the wire it looks ok so im now goin up to model room to continue to do battle with all the wires but im makin headway im pleased to say
cheers for lookin in will let you all know if im succssefull
chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris,
Fingers crossed you have resolved the issues.
AN HI Scottie im about to find out an if i have then ive got to go to the front section then an alter some of the wires in there to ACCEPT this BECC system but i think it will be another few days till this is all sorted as i know what to do but its just DOIN it as tryin to relay the wires from the wrong ones to the right ones will be a trail just as well the ole mojo i keepin me goin but i think im goin into my resevered lol
ATB
chrisb

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Hats off to you Chris - for a great number of reasons - your perseverance in the face of adversity is awe-inspiring! If I'd gone through that then the ship would have finished up in a display case (or bin!). Very well done mate!
Steve

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hats off to you Chris - for a great number of reasons - your perseverance in the face of adversity is awe-inspiring! If I'd gone through that then the ship would have finished up in a display case (or bin!). Very well done mate!
Steve
HI Steve cheers for that an yes im stickin at it an today got all 4 motors workin from them BECC ESC 'S an thouht yes ive beat the problem so to move to the front section of her to put a few wires right so that this BECC system can work from just one R/X ( RECICEVIER) an if i leave it how it is yes ithink im winning so before i get out the front section to work on i thought id run the motors an yes they are ok NOW WAIT FOR IT i wanted the cut out switch to work so i can run her on two motors only for more sailin time but as soon as i hit the cut off switch yes the rear motors all stopped how it should do but when i releasted the cut off switch the ESC would not come back on line to run the rear motors SO this bloomin BECC has system has got me again Aaaaaacccccchhhhhhhhhhh an the only way i could get the rear motors goin again was turn off the main switch an let THE ESC go into reset an then all 4 motors back online so i may have to leave the cutoff switch out of the system but i think i'll ask on mayhem as there are some real eletric wizards on there in their black arts thread OH BOY I THINK THE OLD SYSTEM WAS THE BEST AS IT ALL WORK OK but had to take one of the old esc out due to jumpin in the motor so went onto new esc an henc this BECC so still at it but it wont beat me as she will sail if ileave it as it is but i wonder what little surprises i'll get in the front section but there should not be much to do but that murphy 's law has got it in for me
chrisb
chrisb

Reactions: JR

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
well guys here is a pic of them troublesome BECC ESC all fitted in neat an tidy except for the small R/X wires
an they will be wired in tomorrow an goin ok exsept for one small problem but i can leave it out so mostly all ok an up an running
chrisb
IMG_8175.JPG

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
This one is really fighting back Chris. Full marks for perseverance in the face of repeated obstacles. Hope you’ve got it sorted out now. Glad the motor run away didn’t hurt you or the boat as well. I’m starting to think Tiger doesn’t like water so is doing anything she can to stay dry……

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
This one is really fighting back Chris. Full marks for perseverance in the face of repeated obstacles. Hope you’ve got it sorted out now. Glad the motor run away didn’t hurt you or the boat as well. I’m starting to think Tiger doesn’t like water so is doing anything she can to stay dry……
YES Tim regards tiger eletrics i get one prob sorted an another pops up but its these bloomin BECC ESC that are causein the trouble as this is the first an last time im usein these as if i build another ship it will have the old fashion eletronise ESC in as ive never had probs with theses an THANK YOU SIR for your kind comment on my perseverance but i'll tell you Tim its running low as im into my resesves now lol an yes i was amazed at how much power this motor had when breakin from its mountins an flyin up nr hittin me as people look apon these models as toys but they are anything but as when the motors are running if you touched the prop it would take your finger off as them motors are so powerfull an yes you may be right about tiger not likein the water as cats dont do they lol but before she will go to the pond jen an her friend have cleaned out my test tank so tiger will go in there to test for stabily an i think she will sit bow heavy as due to them 4 gun turret servos as two full size ones an two micro servos for gun elevation but im gettin ahead of myself here an today got to sort out new wires in the front section to take this power to the R/X from them BECC ESC so see what new probs pop up today an i still havnt sorted out the bow thruster but ive got an idea in my head for that to get workin WOW THIS SHIP IS THE MOST TROUBLESOME IVE EVER HAD but im goin to beat her into shape for sea trails if its the last thing i do
ATB Tim to you an yours
chrisb an jen

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
You're getting there Chris. Like Tim said you get full marks for perseverance. Each little problem sorted it one step nearer to launch

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
You're getting there Chris. Like Tim said you get full marks for perseverance. Each little problem sorted it one step nearer to launch
HI Jim yes im getting there on problems sorting but as soon as i sort out the probs another pops up to take it place Aaaaaaaccchhhhhhh but yes im gettin there
ATB Jim to you an yours
chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI ALL well i think ive cured tigers eletric probs bar just the bow thuster an ive thought up a way to get that goin with out interferin with them BECC ESC so today i just got to tidy up the wiren that plugs into the R/X an just find out what cha 9 does as its plugged into the R/X but does not seem to do any thing as ive made out a list of all the functions but not cha 9 so on a search today to see where the wires go to what an then when done can write it down on the list an last the to make up a bob's board to work bowthruster an then should be test tank time in the wet stuff to see how she floats an check for any leaks as the hull is already 4 yrs old so see how things go an if a succsses the maiden vouge time bob oh boy will i be neverous
chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Andy yes that motor comin out of its mounting an nr hittin me was a heck of a shock but it just goes to show how powerfull these motors are
AN Andy thanks for lookin in on the thread but hopefully everything seems to all now ok bar one thing an that will take about a week to make an thats a bob's board then she should br ready for test tank phew im pooped
ATB TO YOU SIR
chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI ALL well ive today now fainaly finished the eletrics in tiger as i still had to get that bow thruster workin as when i fitted in a esc TO WORK IT then the becc esc wont work the motors so there is some kind of sensor that the becc esc picks up in the circutry an they wont work so a big headache for me an after tryin several esc 's STILL NO GO so i had a good think how i can get the bow thruster to work an not cause the becc esc to cut out an ive finally worked it out by makin a home made esc from 4 mini knock on switches an as there is no eletrics from it to the R/X for them becc esc to sence it all works perfeckly an a pic of my home made esc that now works the bow thruster left an right IMG_8179.JPG

Last edited:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Chris,
Do you need Matron to call, she's very good at relieving stress :smiling2:

Oh she's just left, roared off on her bike in your direction , you'll soon see how !!!!

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris,
Do you need Matron to call, she's very good at relieving stress :smiling2:

Oh she's just left, roared off on her bike in your direction , you'll soon see how !!!!
Aaaaaacchhhhhhh NO John dint you tell her im now off on holl so when she gets here the house will be empty lol
chrisb

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
You're for it now Chris!!! She has her dog with her.....you know, the one without it's danglers...coz JR knicked 'em for the Dog's award ;).... that dog'll sniff you out and then Matron will put you on the rack....to help you relax, of course.