SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Bob, the Eagle is looking fabulous, very nice recovery on that cracked wing join. Secondly the cement holder is a great invention.

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
I didn't take loads of pics today as it was just grey primer going over grey plastic, so not particularly interesting. :smiling3:

I also started the pre-shading but only got the top gone as my hands started tiring leading to the lines going wonky, but so far it looks like this.

MVIMG_20180528_192943.jpg

First Name
Ross
Bob, I love the TET anti spill device, need to knock one up myself, always spilling mine. Looking forward to seeing the paint go on.
cheers
Ross

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Bob

Nice work on the undercoat. I hope the paint has arrived in time for you to get a base coat on this weekend

Steve

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Topcoat done. :smiling3:

As always at this stage I can't decide whether I've put too much or not enough on. :thinking:

IMG_20180602_164453.jpgMVIMG_20180602_164509.jpg

I have to say, I'm loving the paint. It's from Mission Models and I'm seriously thinking of moving to it from Tamiya.

It goes on so nice and has dried to a lovely flat finish.

At one point I stupidly spilled paint out of the cup onto one of the wings. :flushed: I blew the excess of with the airbrush, and what was left just self levelled.

First Name
Ross
Bob
Preshading looks about right to me, just enough without being over the top. Heat shielding looks good as well.

cheers
Ross

First Name
Wouter
Nice work indeed and like Ross I quite like the preshade, very subtle. Heard good things about those Mission Models paints, might try them as well. (I have their latest model Etchmate which they produced many moons ago, and that was crap...so glad to read that their paints aren't :P )

Cheers

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Cheers Wouter. :smiling3:

Yep, so far I'm impressed with the paint. The titanium for the heat shield was Tamiya, but I've got some MM duraluminium for the exhaust fans.