Double Dakota

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Before being exposed to international modelers I thought 1/87 was braille scale.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Progress has been made. Mine is now drying after it’s top coats and then more masking for the invasion stripes. My friends Dakota is ready for some light weathering. There are 70+ decals on here. The serial number on the model is actually in his dad’s log book which is certainly an added bonus.
View attachment 475099View attachment 475100View attachment 475101
Don’t know what’s happened to my camera
Looks like its set to ‘Misty eyed nostalgia’ mode mick ! :smiling5:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Morn Mick. You are making good progress on these. You might want to mark them with N and S, so you won't get them mixed up Sir. You know, North Dakota and South Dakota!!!
From your last pics, it looks like you may have touched the lens with your finger and left some kind of substance on it. Maybe a good wipe with a cleaning wipe for glasses would help...

Prost
Allen

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Looking Good Mick:thumb2:,
All you need is to Tinge the edges of those pics in a fading red,and,with that misted look,they`d make a cracking Valentines card !!:tears-of-joy::tears-of-joy:

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Before being exposed to international modelers I thought 1/87 was braille scale.
Way too small for me, I should stick to 1/35 and up
Looks like its set to ‘Misty eyed nostalgia’ mode mick ! :smiling5:
Certainly does mate
Morn Mick. You are making good progress on these. You might want to mark them with N and S, so you won't get them mixed up Sir. You know, North Dakota and South Dakota!!!
From your last pics, it looks like you may have touched the lens with your finger and left some kind of substance on it. Maybe a good wipe with a cleaning wipe for glasses would help...

Prost
Allen
I have been lettering them from the start
Camera keeps throwing a wobbly as it’s getting old
Looking Good Mick:thumb2:,
All you need is to Tinge the edges of those pics in a fading red,and,with that misted look,they`d make a cracking Valentines card !!:tears-of-joy::tears-of-joy:
I can just imagine the look on swmbo face if I did
That's looking good Mick, 70 plus decals?.. christ, I'd go crackers long before finishing those
Nothing like a challenge

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Due to the next GB about to start work will definitely be slowing on my aircraft, my mates is 99% done now. I’ve got the invasion stripes done but there was a bit of bleed under but I was ready for this as the panel lines are quite deep. I’ll keep chipping away at it though.
371577D1-C1F2-49E8-803F-CD911F20A900.jpeg647AAC80-9651-4860-8F16-C8093D10E1A4.jpeg

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Mick looking good. Love the first photo esp .

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
That will change shortly as some idiot who shall remain nameless picked up the wrong can to do a quick fix repair which has now escalated into a minor repaint :smiling:
Sorry to hear that Mick......I hope you have suitably chastised the miscreant and docked their wages appropriately!!! ;) :smiling5:

Was looking good though!!!!

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Sorry to hear that Mick......I hope you have suitably chastised the miscreant and docked their wages appropriately!!! ;) :smiling5:

Was looking good though!!!!
Hi Andrew, the miscreant has been suitably chastised and was sent to the naughty step for a while.

Looking excellent mick , hope the running repair goes ok
Thanks Tony, fortunately no harm done but does really highlight how many different shades of OD there are.

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Hi Andrew, the miscreant has been suitably chastised and was sent to the naughty step for a while.

Thanks Tony, fortunately no harm done but does really highlight how many different shades of OD there are.
THERE IS ONLY ONE OD! (Sorry, a certain Russophile told me to say that in a dream...........!)
Stevanovich
(See, he's doing it again!)