Dunkirk "vignettorama"

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Just seen this one Peter, a great idea, and a cracking start. My chair is now planted in the front row.

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
Hi guys

wasn't really happy with the base, not sure why, but it just wasn't right so here is version 2 - a piano form the spares box (no idea where or when I got it,) and new sandbags, also added an overcoats draped over the sandbags, just to add a little interest the sandbags.

C831F895-A960-4D14-82B7-EF4DADAB7A37.jpeg154446BE-A225-487F-BCFF-C94CD6616F68.jpeg
While this one was on hold I did a little work on number 2 - the one in the dunes. A lot more work needed but it is a reasonable start - including recycling a figure!

image.jpg

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Wonderful idea and wonderful tribute - I'm sure this will be a DB - if not, it will be in my estimation!
Steve

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Excellent Peter. Really excellent. Great work.

What scale are talking?

ATB.

Andrew

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Nice idea and lovely work so far Peter.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
No 1 is superb. Love the inclusion of the piano. The dunes figures really fit perfectly.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Nicely done on No1 of the series Peter. Looking forward to the finished dunes.

Cheers,
Wabble

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
Hi Guys - thanks for the kind words, working on the dunes this evening.

Peter

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Excellent work Peter. I love the ideas of a few vignettes telling a story. Perhaps ther could be a third to form a triptych that of a couple of soldiers wading to a small boat?
The rearguard mini dio is very well done and the dunes sequel promises to be equally excellent, top work. :thumb2:
Paul

Last edited:

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
Excellent work Peter. I love the ideas of a few vignettes telling a story. Perhaps ther could be a third to form a tryptich that of a couple of soldiers wading to a small boat?
The rearguard mini dio is very well done and the dunes sequel promises to be equally excellent, top work. :thumb2:
Paul
Hi Paul

ye- - there will be one consisting of two soldiers in the water and a boat owner on the deck of a 'small boat'. i plan 6 in all; the three others will be one depicting three soldiers getting off a ship in Dover; one depicting a soldier kissing a woman through the door of a train, and the final one depicting two British POW's and a German guard next to a section of Universal Carrier.

Tworrs

SMF Supporter
First Name
Garry
Excellent start Peter, looking forward to following your progress.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Paul

ye- - there will be one consisting of two soldiers in the water and a boat owner on the deck of a 'small boat'. i plan 6 in all; the three others will be one depicting three soldiers getting off a ship in Dover; one depicting a soldier kissing a woman through the door of a train, and the final one depicting two British POW's and a German guard next to a section of Universal Carrier.
I’m so sorry Peter, I have to admit to glossing over the first posts in order to get to the cool photographs and missed your explanation.
The plan sound awesome and I l;ok forward to each of the 6 vignettes developing