Eduard 1/48 Bf 110E

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
As well as bringing your paints indoors Andy, what about adhesives? PVA will separate if it gets too cold.
Pete

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Thanks Pete but I have that covered. My big tub of PVA lives in the house so the little bits I keep in the shed are expendable if the worst happens.

I will have a good sweep round though as I'm sure there'll be things I haven't thought of.

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I managed to get the resin & etch MG together.

I've put this picture up as proof since it doesn't look that way now! It survived primer and a coat of Mr Color iron, but after leaving it to dry I must have looked at it funny as the sights have disappeared :rolling:

1000005581.jpg

Never mind, onwards and upwards :smiling3:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Not stuck to your clothing is it Andy ?
I've found many pieces of "missing " pe stuck to mine .
Looking very good build .

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I've found a few pieces in my Crocs recently John. :smiling5:

It's only a few mm in diameter so I don't hold out much hope but will have another look today.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Ouch , thats so annoying andy . I did the same thing with the scratched throttle lever on the yak 3 , made it, fitted it , painted it , then the next time I looked it had vanished . Did it all again and it vanished again . Third time I managed to keep it without knocking it off !

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
I feel your pain Andy..... That small PE is a real challenge sometimes given how fine the attachment point is...... But don't give up. You're nearly there!

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Thanks guys. I gave the carpet monster an offering in the form of unused parts and the gun sight appeared!

I've gone as far as I'm going to with this now so here's a few pics in case I do my usual and forget to do a completed post!

1000005594.jpg

1000005587.jpg

1000005588.jpg

1000005591.jpg

1000005593.jpg

Thanks for putting up with my whining and moaning. The kit produces quite a nice aircraft in the end, it just took more work to get there than I was expecting given Eduards reputation.

I've also got this in 1/72 which will hopefully give me an easier ride, but something else will come first.

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
That has to be the best finished 110 I've seen.
Pete

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Thanks chaps. Progress has slowed a bit but I'm really happy with the look of it so far.

I have a couple in there but I can't justify heating it 24/7.

I'm more worried about my paints. Most are stored in insulated drawers but that will only help so much.

It might be the time to bring my water based ones into the house and just take them out as needed. A pain in the rear but could save a good few bob in the long run.
I have a small Dimplex, oil-filled, free-standing heater - it was cheap to buy, very efficient and (most of all) very cheap to run! I keep it on tickover during necessary unoccupied times and crank it up as required! It also has a two setting switch and thermostat - can't recommend it highly enough:thumb2:
Sreve

PS Very nice finished model indeed!