Foreart (Fore Hobby) Schnellboot S38

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Ibt

I take it your tigger doesn't want to play nice.
Youre not the first Chris to say no one would of noticed. From what Ian said Italeri have done the same. OK save some money put it in the same place. But would it be so difficult to add a bit more correct decking.
I know I'm going on, but it should be right.
HI Andy remember its only a model an you are meant to enjoy the build an no tigger is at the moment bein a PITA as its not the ship itself but the bloomin chink eletronics keep letting me down as ive just installed the 6th lot in but cant try it all out for 6 months till Norwich boat club brings up a do to take car into near pond so a bit of a wait but in my opinion your model looks really good an i could not model that well so a very well done from me an jen
chrisb an jen p/s jen is the missus an likes to look at the models as well as me
ATB

davecov

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Chris, at the moment I am struggling to hold 1/72 fighter planes, let alone anything larger. If my condition doesn't improve markedly in the next six months or so then I will sell it.

Dave

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris, at the moment I am struggling to hold 1/72 fighter planes, let alone anything larger. If my condition doesn't improve markedly in the next six months or so then I will sell it.

Dave
oh very sorry to hear that Dave sorry i said anything
chrisb

andy55

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
HI Andy remember its only a model an you are meant to enjoy the build an no tigger is at the moment bein a PITA as its not the ship itself but the bloomin chink eletronics keep letting me down as ive just installed the 6th lot in but cant try it all out for 6 months till Norwich boat club brings up a do to take car into near pond so a bit of a wait but in my opinion your model looks really good an i could not model that well so a very well done from me an jen
chrisb an jen p/s jen is the missus an likes to look at the models as well as me
ATB
Thanks, I did enjoy building it. But I do expect an historic model to be as accurate as the scale will allow. Carley floats instead of inflatables, even different guns, the sort of thing that could and was done 'in the field' but something like the binnacle, well.
A note to any one doing this build, you'll need plenty on CA gel and liquid. I only used Revell glue for the hull.
Any one could build it with patience and a bit of thought. I spent an awful ot of time just looking at it and decided what next to do, using the instructions as a guide.
A lot of people had an input without realising. Someone mentioned painting PE with PVA to make it thicker, hence all the hatches have handles.
Ian mentioned that Italeri have brought out a new 1/35 so will have to have a look.

andy55

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy

Dave
Sorry to hear that Dave, get to doctors. I lost use of most of left arm, eventually went to doctors to find I need surgery to release trapped nerves.

davecov

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Andy, thanks for the suggestion but it is more than trapped nerves. I have recently been diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis where my immune system is attacking my joints. I will soon start to take immunosuppressants to reduce the effects of the Rheumatoid Arthritis (there is no cure) which hopefully, will lead to a far better quality of life than I currently have.

Back to your build, what are your ideas for the diorama for it?

Dave

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Well yes, why waste the space and put exocet missiles in when you can have booze instead, always throw the empties... lol. As you say though, its a few rust streaks in the right places and some foot traffic wear and tear. My contacts were Luftwaffe, sadly no longer with us.
Similar, Andy. Albeit Helmut was Federal German Navy. Eine Staffel, Keil. Seconded to 819 at Prestwick

andy55

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Dave, firstly, apologises. The old fingers/mouth sometimes start going without my brain being engaged. Hopefully they will be able to reduce the effects.
The diorama, seen some brilliant ones with buildings and gun emplacements, but am going to try and be a little less formal. Again another ww2 pic that I've come across. With things on wheels lol.

andy55

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Waspie. My contacts were ww2 pilots etc, Theo Neo was a ME 109 pilot, Walter Reihing was a Nacht Jaeger navigator and more. Then there was the RAF Air Gunners. We still go to lay wreaths in Germany and UK.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Very late so apologies Andy, looks a well made kit, some nice detail .

andy55

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Andy,
That is a great result and I wouldn't have noticed the binicle if you hadn't of said anything.
Thanks, got it in front of me as I'm making bits for the diorama (nothing to show yet) and keep thinking "could I get it off..."
Andy

andy55

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Andy,
the S--boats in the Mediterranean were transferred by the French Canal System, so a boat in a lock is a possibiity - I was looking for pictures, but could only come up with this.............
View attachment 494779
Dave
Yep, that's the lines I was thinking along Dave. Not necessarily in a lock, but what a brilliant idea. Damn another night I'll be awake at 3am thinking of ways to construct it... such is the life of a modeller.