Fujimi 1/24 Lambourgini Countach LP5000 Quatrovalvale

D

dougie

Go go go, let's build this mother. Shiny body will be awesome. What colour?

A

Aurora

Gunmetal looks promising colour choice for this car. can't wait to see finished kit. Go Go Go Peter :smiling3:

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
The Mig-21 kit has just turned up. I'm itching to get started on it........... But I seem to have found my Mojo on the Countach so I think maybe I'll keep on it...... at least for a bit. But I might still get distracted. :confused:

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
A bit more done on this (I have not been idle :D ). Cabin interior is done. and fitted in the chassis. I've tried to give it a 70's/80's look......

Now I can move on to the bodywork. I've started cleaning up some of the parts............. But I'm bushed. so that's it for now.

..............and I just noticed the decal on the steering wheel has moved off centre. It's so damn tiny I I only just clocked it in the photo. I'll have to deal with that.

View attachment 110751

View attachment 110752

View attachment 110753

View attachment 110754

View attachment 110755

View attachment 110756

View attachment 110757

View attachment 110758

View attachment 110759

View attachment 110760

View attachment 110761

View attachment 110762

DSCN1458.JPG

DSCN1459.JPG

DSCN1460.JPG

DSCN1461.JPG

DSCN1462.JPG

DSCN1463.JPG

DSCN1464.JPG

DSCN1465.JPG

DSCN1466.JPG

DSCN1467.JPG

DSCN1468.JPG

DSCN1469.JPG

D

dougie

nice one, the build looks good so far, I wish I was building this quick!

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
nice one, the build looks good so far, I wish I was building this quick!
Thanks Dougie ........ Quick? It's taken me years on this one off and on ....... It's spent most of that time in the box. I pull it out when I have nothing else on. This time I was waiting on a Mig21 kit. But now I've finally found the Mojo again for the Lambo I'll see it through to the end.

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
I've spent hours looking at the destructions for fitting the Lambo Doors...... fitting them is fairly straightforward. But I'm struggling to work out how I'm going to paint the inside around the edges with them in situ ....... and once they are on they aint coming off............ and I tried dry fitting the bodyshell earlier and that is going to be a mission. It's going to be a once only deal. You have to stretch the sides out to get it over the cockpit sides......... and there are side skirts and flared wheel arches to go on yet which is going to make the whole thing more rigid. :confused::rolleyes:

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
Coming together very nicely.... Looks great so far
Thanks Amos........I'm determined to finish it this time out. But I'll be glad to see the end of it.

D

dougie

Ahh right, didn't check post dates! I thought you were just flying along Lol.

I'm dying to post something on my build but after my paint stripping disaster I'm at a snail's pace with filling, priming, sanding, filling priming... You get the idea. Hoping to get a lick of paint on this Tuesday before monthly model club meet.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
That is looking nice Peter

Not sure on what to do about the doors I can't see what you mean but couldn't you just paint the inside and sides before fitting them ?

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
The more I look at these photos, the more I can see that isn't right . Amazing how the photos magnify faults, it looks fine looking at it normally.. I'm going to have to deal with those, in particular the lines on the seats where the black and the tan meet............ Does anyone else suffer from this ????

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
That is looking nice Peter
Not sure on what to do about the doors I can't see what you mean but couldn't you just paint the inside and sides before fitting them ?
The doors are in three parts. Inner Middle and outer. The inner door panels are separate and not a problem. They are black and painted. It is the middle panel that is the difficult one as i want to get the edges and about 2mm of colour all around the edges .... The "up and over" mechanism gets sandwiched between the middle and outer panel ......... and would be easier painted as an assembly, but not so easy with the doors on....... and the other end of the up and over mechanism goes into the door pillar which really has to be in place before paint goes on........ and I can't see a way around it.

I think there will to be some masking going on and some careful spraying involved here.

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
................ The Lambo has ground to a halt......... I'm Gutted. There is a bit missing.

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
\ said:
................ The Lambo has ground to a halt......... I'm Gutted. There is a bit missing.
Nooooooooo what's missing can't you scratch build the part.This as been an epic journey it can't finish like this it would be criminal

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
Nooooooooo what's missing can't you scratch build the part.This as been an epic journey it can't finish like this it would be criminal
I'm going to scratch a part for both sides I think John. I've had a delve into my bits box and I've found four curved undercarriage doors I reckon with a bit of shaping I can make something that'll fit behind to give the concave profile of the vent. I rough cut one and I reckon it'll work............ I don't think the inside will matter too much as it wont be visible even with the engine cover open............ It might not end up exactly how Fujimi intended, but I reckon I can get it damn close......... Well see what a fresh perspective brings tomorrow.

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
I think we are back on track ............ I managed (more by lock than judgement) to make two internal covers for the vents.and I think they'll do the job. They took a while but I've ended up with a pretty good fit and I don't think I'm going to need much, if any filler.......... I've now got all the bodywork parts cleaned up and ready for some dry fitting once I have that done I can fit the wheel-arches and a couple of other bits before primer...........

.......... and I've done a double check. There is nothing else missing to be able to finish it.

........ Onward.

View attachment 110994

View attachment 110995

DSCN1494.JPG

DSCN1495.JPG