Robert
Ohh I like the paintwork Peter looks very sweet and clean

Robert

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
after looking again and being told what the color is i can see it,just a top spray job, ;)

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Looking out of this world!!

Classic Lambo!!:cool:

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
I've shelved this for a little while. I have the body on and all I seem to do is bugger things up. The engine cover won't site properly, there is something fouling the hinges, the windscreen has to come out as that seems to be too tight against the back of the instrument cluster and to top it off I've managed to chip some of the paint.......... I think maybe I'm hacked off with it and that's coming through in my work.......... So it's back in the box and I'm pressing on with something else........ I'll come back to it with a fresh attitude when I've built something else.

D

dougie

Hopefully a fresh set of eyes on it at a later date will reinvigorate you. I was looking forward to this!

Cars are hard to do because they require lots of attention to detail and usually need to look near flawless. Something I haven't mastered haha

A

Aurora

\ said:
I am getting proper hacked off with this kit............ I should never have bothered with a part built kit in the first place.
I've finished the paint on the bodywork with a couple of coats of clear laquer and it looks pretty good. ................. and the drivers side door hinge has jammed and snapped off at the pivot under the front wing. So that leaves me with either doors fixed open or doors fixed closed. :mad: and I've found a tiny patch on each side on the lower windscreen that hasn't painted properly. I guess it was covered by the front of the doors in the upright position, so now I have to try to paint those in by hand ............ I have all the light fittings and vents done so it's all ready for the finally assembly............

......... But right now I fell like chucking the lot in the bin. :sad:
I didnt read everything but i guess it stays like this for now ( yes i am lazy guy :D ) . sorry for hearing this mess. i guess it is better remove doors and fix it on closed position after repaint. dont try to fix paint with hand painting. it wont look good. just go to a gas station or something and buy DOT3 break liquid(i use Castrol). put the body in that liquid for 1-2 days. all the paint will be removed easily and nicely. DOT4 hydraulic liquid may damage plastic. if you used Tamiya sprey primer it will stay over plastic :smiling3: i do it all the time, so no worry ;) just don't forget to use gloves, that liquid is highly toxic. and don't throw it away after paint remove, save it for further paint remove works.

keep on Peter. don't surrender
;) . this kit will be realy nice.

Safak

A

Aurora

oh btw, first paint 1-2 coat of glossy black before metallic top colour. it will look better ;)

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Thanks Safak. Very usefulf couple of tips there. I'll be back on this after I finish the build I'm on at the moment......... I think the stripdown and restart on the paint is the way forward.