We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Beam me up!!

That is tooo coool!!:cool:

D

dubster72

Shame about the decals going wrong James, maybe a bit of battle damage would cover up the missing bits?

Cheers

Patrick

C

cryton 5

good thought I'll keep that in mind , either that painting ? don't know maybe moving other side up but I know that could risk more breaking or scrap and paint whole section replace decals there many option's it's considering option's less fuss took time was warned how fragile they were ? possible bye replacement sheet I'll keep posted on path

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
I have heard that the decals for this kit can be problematic, shame. Overall, this is looking superb, love the engines.

C

cryton 5

yes mine broke top section as you can see very fragile as skin like will have to either except not gonna be great or buy new one's early days there's always an answer at moment I have enough to do for that to come back later cry thanks for all the positive feeds honesty in modelling is a must I can take it it's all part of the learning curve

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Use the decals and where they are dodgy just do a bit of weathering, very light. That should help disguise the decal problem.

C

cryton 5

morning snap exactlyo_O what I was thinking ,what decal was left for the other side toyed with cut to cover were other broke thought I might have over lap but ,on measuring will be short so ,weathering def. there to replace or buy wil mean whole set ,but making inquiry on that , maybe 1 sheet I pursue any avenue ,before weathering skin affect to weathering will stand out no matter how good you try to blend ,thank you for impute no rock solid yet

D

dubster72

Nice work James, pics are a tad out of focus though!

As soon as I've moved house, I'll be re-starting my JJprise :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Looks like you have managed to get those pesky decals to work James, nice work mate.

Si:smiling3:

C

cryton 5

yes though advice have sprayed a coating over all decal sheets making stronger on application still , limit time to apply ,for which they become very fragile and break some have to be done again as I have second batch have spare decals to go over those which are not good ,all part of the frustrating part but enjoy able in some strange way end product is the goal . I 'll look forward to you're build Si !

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
I 'll look forward to you're build Si !
Not me building it James, it's Patrick, although I do have the Galaxy Quest Protector to build...some day.