Geoffers Arma Hobby 1/72 Hawker Hurricane Mk.IIc

Geoffers

SMF Supporter
First Name
Geoff
Hello chaps,

Repairs completed IMG_3139.jpeg

I removed most of it using the sellotape trick, cheers Andy & Mike :thumb2:
Unfortunately there were a couple of stubborn patches that needed carefully sanding off. I did a bit of an overspray to patch it up before adding the new transfer.

I’ve also put most of the other transfers on now, just a couple of stencils left to do.

IMG_3134.jpeg
IMG_3135.jpeg
IMG_3136.jpeg
IMG_3138.jpeg

I plan to give it a blast of matt varnish next ready for some light weathering.

Another update soon, thanks for looking :thumb2:

Last edited:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Very pleased the decal issue is sorted. The Hurricane is looked great with that fine camo painting. I'm another who sings the praises of lacquer paint.

Geoffers

SMF Supporter
First Name
Geoff
Great save, you wouldn't know.
Thanks Andy, yep it went well, I’m just glad I had a spare transfer available :smiling6:

Very pleased the decal issue is sorted. The Hurricane is looked great with that fine camo painting. I'm another who sings the praises of lacquer paint.
Cheers Jim, I’m really liking the paints and was surprised the decal solution caused the problem. I’ve been doing some experimenting with a paint mule and have found which decal solutions to avoid :smiling4:
Using
..... The credit goes to Mike,("Scratchbuilder"),Geoff....
He told me about it.... I just passed it on:thumb2:.
Thanks Andy,I’ve revised the thread and credited him too :thumb2:

That's a great save, and a great repair.
Cheers Scottie :smiling3:

Geoff.

Geoffers

SMF Supporter
First Name
Geoff
:angry: I’m beginning to think this build is cursed.

I was tinkering with it at the bench yesterday, stood up and felt something crack under my foot and found this :fearful:

IMG_3140.jpeg

Fortunately there is a spare canopy in the box but it is for the closed version.

Oh well, closed canopy it is I suppose :rolling:

Geoff.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Hi Geoff

Good save on the paint job but a shame about the canopy. That's coming on very nicely!

ATB

Andrew

Geoffers

SMF Supporter
First Name
Geoff
Hello chaps,

So where am I up to with this?

Well I’m calling it done.

It has been on hold while waiting for the lovely people at Arma Hobby to send a replacement clear sprue as one of the landing lights went awol sometime during the build.

They have been duly delivered and are now in place along with the undercarriage and the other bits and bobs.

It’s had a coat of Tamiya XF 86 flat clear and has had some very light weathering with pigments.
IMG_3199.jpeg
The exhaust was painted with Vallejo Metal Colour jet exhaust. Once this had dried I dusted on various ground pastels held with pigment fix to recreate the usual Hurricane rust looking exhausts. It actually looks a bit better in the flesh, less obvious.
IMG_3198.jpeg
I’ll pop a few more pics up in the completed section soon.

Thanks for looking

Geoff.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Hello chaps,

So where am I up to with this?

Well I’m calling it done.

It has been on hold while waiting for the lovely people at Arma Hobby to send a replacement clear sprue as one of the landing lights went awol sometime during the build.

They have been duly delivered and are now in place along with the undercarriage and the other bits and bobs.

It’s had a coat of Tamiya XF 86 flat clear and has had some very light weathering with pigments.
View attachment 497924
The exhaust was painted with Vallejo Metal Colour jet exhaust. Once this had dried I dusted on various ground pastels held with pigment fix to recreate the usual Hurricane rust looking exhausts. It actually looks a bit better in the flesh, less obvious.
View attachment 497910
I’ll pop a few more pics up in the completed section soon.

Thanks for looking

Geoff.
Very nice mate :thumb2:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
That's brilliant Geoff! Makes me want to get mine out!

ATB

Andrew