Hasegawa 1/32 Fiesler Fi -1B Storch Gran Sasso

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Well here's my next victim, I bought this one earlier this year and added a few extras, Master Caster resin wheels and a mask set from Edward.

The kit comes with a wide choice of paint schemes including the one that rescued Mussolini from the Sasso Mountains during the second world war. There is a white metal tail wheel and skid depending which version you build. The canopy is hugh talk about a green house you could grow tomatoes in there!

There's plenty of reference martial to be had I have visited The Shuttleworth Collection where they have an airworthy version. I was lucky to see it flying at the Seething air Show last summer it's quite a sight to be seen with a stall speed of 29mph!! so it looks like it's just hanging in the air. Anyway I hope to be starting this one soon but I can see it dragging into the new year before it's finished. I still haven't got my head around how to change the order of the photos so they are a bit random.

View attachment 72593

View attachment 72594

View attachment 72595

View attachment 72596

View attachment 72597

View attachment 72598

_MG_0165.jpg

130811_0352.jpg

130811_0353.jpg

130811_0354.jpg

130811_0355.jpg

130811_0356.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
First Name
Richard
OK tuned in for this one,

although I am not an airplane model builder with the exception of Rc planes, I love this plane the one I fly, has a wing span of 2 meters problem is the creation of a diorama with it:sad:.

but this beauty in 1/35 scale has lots and lots of potential.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I'll be watching this one. rather fancy one my self...

Ian M

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Ian I got this one from Hannants last October when they had 30% off.

T

tommy1drop

Comfy chair pulled up and looking forward to following this build.

Tom

P

Polux

Will be a very intersting build :rolleyes: I'll be watching this one.

Cheers

Polux

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
This will be interesting Vaughan. Does it come with figures?

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
I have made a start this afternoon on the sidewalls, seats and floor pan spraying them RLM02 with some shading. Joe it did come with a pilot and an officer who would stand next to the plane but for the life of me I don't know what I've done with them. You see I had already cut the fuselage halves off the sprue that also contained the figures, this was some time ago and as I'm not a fan of making and painting them I most probably chucked them in the spares box.

View attachment 72690

130911_0365.jpg

First Name
Gregg
Looking forward to more of this one.

Is that the rudder already moulded to one side of the fuselage, noticed it in the pic of the parts in the bag.

And then one side of the fuselage minus rudder in the other pics!

Gregg

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Yep your correct Gregg. I don't know why they've done it that way but I suppose it makes life easier.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
When I saw the first pic I though you had finished already ! Yes I know.........................................

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
ummmm I'm not that quick!!! That was the shuttleworth Storch at Seething air show:smiling3:

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Nice choice Vaughan. I've toyed with this one too, so I'll be interested to see how it goes.

Have you decided which one you'll do ?

Cheers

Steve

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Vaughan

Just caught this...

This is a great project and I'll definitely be looking out for this one. Great subject matter and I know that you'll make an outstanding job of it.

I look forward to another stunner from the Vaughan camp!

Cheers

P

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
\ said:
Nice choice Vaughan. I've toyed with this one too, so I'll be interested to see how it goes.Have you decided which one you'll do ?

Cheers

Steve
At this stage Steve I'm not quite sure which one to do the Trop one looks interesting also the winter camo could be an option or even the Storch at The Shuttleworth collection.

Paul, I hope I live up to your expectations.

I have made some progress today and will post some images later. It's starting to get cold in my garden room, there's no heating, and I'm already wearing my fleece.

View attachment 72842

View attachment 72843

FS GMAI.jpg

IMG_1834.jpg

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Progress from yesterday and this morning. Yesterday I sprayed the cockpit framework RLM 2 here's a dry fit with the floor pan. I thought the ejector pin marks on the seats wouldn't be visible once the seat pads were on, but they are, so will have sort that one out. The 8 cylinder inverted engine is well detailed with individual cylinders and pushrods. A coat of aluminium and a wash has been added I will add some ignition leads to the rails using some lead wire as I hope to leave the engine cowlings off.

View attachment 72950

View attachment 72951

View attachment 72952

131111_0371.jpg

131111_0383.jpg

131111_0385.jpg

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice work Vaughan, that engine looks very detailed and will come up nice with your skills.

A

Andy Mac

Looking good so far...

There's plenty of scope for detailing that engine, will it be visible on completion Vaughan?

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Andy I've just tried a dry fit in the fuselage and there's not much to see apart from 3 cylinders each side but it's still worth putting the work in. So maybe one side open the other closed.