Hasegawa 1/32 Fiesler Fi -1B Storch Gran Sasso

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
\ said:
I was going to ask about those as well. In the link you sent I see Amazon get them from Creative Models, who if I am not mistook is one of Johns suppliers for the Scale Model Shop...maybe if we pester the life out of him he can get them in stock as well. (and probably cheaper than Amazon too).

Having just bought one of these kits, I am paying good attention to your build. Looks like it builds well. Any problem areas to be careful about?

Ian M
Thanks Guys

Ian, so far no real problems apart from the fuselage needing a lot of pressure to close the gap which wasn't caused by the floor pan or cockpit area. The fuselage meets and forms quite a high point down to the tail section which should be there but more subtle (see photo I took at the Shuttleworth Collection) so some filling down was required to flatten it.

View attachment 74275

View attachment 74276

IMG_1843.jpg

IMG_1844.jpg

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Cheers V I'll try to remember that..

Ian M

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Ian, I should have taken some before and after shots to show you what I mean. Here's what the fuselage looks like now(difficult to show in a photo) which I think looks more realistic. I hope this helps.

View attachment 74311

View attachment 74312

130612_0517.jpg

130612_0518.jpg

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Looking really nice Vaughan , top work , cheers tony

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Cheers..

Thats a nice engine.

Ian M

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Thanks Ian, Steve

Looks like I'm going to be off the scene for at least a week as have had a steroid injection in my left elbow(tennis elbow although I can honestly say I've never played tennis) I had the other elbow operated on a few years back and that seemed to sort it out. I've got one more injection that I can have, if that doesn't work it could be another op.

Last edited by a moderator:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Looking very nice Vaughan.

Si:smiling3:

T

tommy1drop

Coming along very nice, really impressive engine Vaughan

Tom

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hope the elbow gets better (well as good as it can get) Vaughan , take it easy , cheers tony

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Thanks Tony,Joe

The pain is starting to ease. My doctor said that the pain would be worse for the first 24 hours and he wasn't kidding, maybe by the w/e I might think about picking up the model again.

Last edited by a moderator:

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
Thanks Tony,JoeThe pain is starting to ease. My doctor said that the pain would be worse for the first 24 hours and he wasn't kidding, maybe by the w/e I might think about picking up the model again.
Don't over do it though, I have experience (family rather than personal) of this sort of thing and I'm sure the medics have cautioned you about rushing off on a half marathon or taking up weight lifting because you are feeling a bit better :smiling3:

Cheers

Steve

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Thanks guys

Well the arm seems to be back in action again so only a little progress over the w/e. Engine is now glued in situ as is the canopy this was glued with formular'560' canopy glue. The lower sections are still to be added and look to be a little tricky as there are no locating tabs so will need to be dropped into place. The lower internal section of the door has been sprayed with RLM02.

View attachment 74865

131612_0537.jpg

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
You probably know this already, but you could use a bit of Blu Tac on the end of a cocktail stick to help you place those window parts.

Gern

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Good to hear the arm is back in use vaughan , the canopy looks tricky but i have every faith its going to look superb, cheers tony