Heller's 1/8 Citroen Traction Avant

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date
D

Dave1973

You forgot the genuine hammer dent on top of that fuel pump where every poor owner smacked it weekly to free it up!!

I'm really liking this, it's HOOOOOGE!

D

Deleted member 3568

I remember the old glass domed fuel pumps, with the rubber diaphragm, but you try and find a pic of the Citroen Traction Avant fuel pump and they are all enclosed ones, I have tried to replicate the petrol resin staining on the glass, but without photo reference its very difficult.

First Name
Robert
That looks so authentic Ken ( the weathering is so spot on with the staining and running muck ( so to speak )

That must have taken you a fair few hours to get it to this level ( but coming from you KEn the standard of modelling only gets better with each build

Robert

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Bloody hell Ken........That is going to be a big old car.

First Name
Dave
Absolutely bloody awesome!

Can't wait to see the whole lot come together, this is going to be a great build.

D

Deleted member 3568

This will be a looooooooooong build the engine has loads of work left on it, I have NEVER built a more detailed kit, it is truly outstanding kit, so glad I have Roys dvd, I've referred to it often, definitely not a beginners kit, but I'm having so much fun building it.

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well the engine is done (well as much as I can do without putting it in the car)

The next bit is the front chassis and suspension (to be honest I keep looking at the instructions and I'm tempted to box it back up and put it away) looks to be way beyond my meagre abilities, I would start somewhere else on the model and come back to this part but that may cause problems later on I've no idea whether I can start the body without causing problems with the chassis, I will see how brave I'm feelling, this may be as far as this kit goes for me, really not feeling confident at all on the next bit

View attachment 123255

View attachment 123256

View attachment 123257

View attachment 123258

View attachment 123259

View attachment 123260

View attachment 123261

View attachment 123262

View attachment 123263

DSC_0115.JPG

DSC_0115g.jpg

DSC_0116.JPG

DSC_0117.JPG

DSC_0117g.jpg

DSC_0118.JPG

DSC_0118g.jpg

DSC_0119.JPG

DSC_0120.JPG

First Name
Dave
\ said:
Hi all well the engine is done (well as much as I can do without putting it in the car)
The next bit is the front chassis and suspension (to be honest I keep looking at the instructions and I'm tempted to box it back up and put it away) looks to be way beyond my meagre abilities, I would start somewhere else on the model and come back to this part but that may cause problems later on I've no idea whether I can start the body without causing problems with the chassis, I will see how brave I'm feelling, this may be as far as this kit goes for me, really not feeling confident at all on the next bit

View attachment 135199 View attachment 135200 View attachment 135201 View attachment 135202 View attachment 135203 View attachment 135204 View attachment 135205 View attachment 135206 View attachment 135207
This so far is simply sublime, the quality and attention to detail is second to none, keep on going mate don't give up, the challenge is there to be beaten, onwards and upwards as they say, we have faith in you.

D

Deleted member 3568

This is such a complex kit and the instructions are so pi+- poor even with Roys dvd I've glued 7 bits onto this cradle (when I say seven there are far more than 1100 parts to this kit as I've glued 4 part 248 and two part 251) so if this is the case with the rest of the numbering? I'm still plugging my way through it thou.

First Name
Robert
I don't know about meagre skills Ken ? You sure know how to adapt the look of true metal finish to plastic and the rusting effect is not easy talents that are performed overbite. So I would actually say you are a master with the a/b and painting skills. I will I'm sure agree with everyone here that you have a rare talent which we all look up too.

Awesome work

Robert

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Great result Ken. The "scabbing" and rust is spot on.

First Name
Marc
This is awesome. I love the rust effect. Looks very authentic. Sometimes i find the instructions actually make it more confusing. Good work here.