IDF M109 'Doher'

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Jim R & scottie,
Many thanks for the comments. More pics coming later today - been building but forgetting the updates.

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
No update, have decided to have a bit of a break, going to go through the stash of 'started but never going to finish' and what is the modern terminology 'downsize'.... Or in my parlance bin them!!! Have not lost the mojo, plus SWMBO has come up with a list of heavy lifting outside work in the garden to do - oh how I hate gardening....

Plant-Tree_slider.jpg

Back soon
Mike

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
No update, have decided to have a bit of a break, going to go through the stash of 'started but never going to finish' and what is the modern terminology 'downsize'.... Or in my parlance bin them!!! Have not lost the mojo, plus SWMBO has come up with a list of heavy lifting outside work in the garden to do - oh how I hate gardening....

View attachment 495668

Back soon
Mike
Oh whoa is you!!
I'm not in the slightest envious. I finished SWMBO's list a wee while ago and my back is still suffering.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Update,
Been plodding along between this and the Warrior. I now have all of the hull interior sorted, sanded, and straightened as far as I want it to go before painting. The engine and drivers bulkheads are also complete and the whole lot has been primed...
View attachment 494582
View attachment 494583
The tri-angled items are there to support the bulkheads and keep them verticle....
View attachment 494584
And the bulkheads which will be added in place once painting has been completed.
More later
Mike.
This looks like a set of CAD drawings once you've primed it Mike. Looks good.

My SWMBO's list doesn't seem to end. Trying to get bench time only ends up with me staring and dosing off. I often wonder what made us get hitched in the first place...seems one sided. :smiling6:

Cheers,
Wabble

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Greetings Wobble.
I was lucky to work on the original 109's when they were delivered to the 22 med Reg way back in time.
Will of course follow .
Wibble.

Get on with it man, tell Swimbo remember you have a bad back. Thank will excuse you from all 1/1 duties.

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
This looks like a set of CAD drawings once you've primed it Mike. Looks good.

My SWMBO's list doesn't seem to end. Trying to get bench time only ends up with me staring and dosing off. I often wonder what made us get hitched in the first place...seems one sided. :smiling6:

Cheers,
Wabble
Wabble,
We were lured into it by their womanly ways, fluttering their eyes, pouting their lips and other things.... I tried that in Sainsburys and got arrested for shop lifting - the two melons I had stuffed down my front... Copper wanted to know when the pups were due....
Wibble.

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Greetings Wobble.
I was lucky to work on the original 109's when they were delivered to the 22 med Reg way back in time.
Will of course follow .
Wibble.

Get on with it man, tell Swimbo remember you have a bad back. Thank will excuse you from all 1/1 duties.
Does not work JR, She always has a comeback like you do want to be fed today....

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
plus SWMBO has come up with a list of .........
..... please add your own ending. These are common orders requests - DIY projects, shopping, entertaining relatives, getting the Christmas stuff from the attic, garden jobs, cleaning her car, cleaning the windows, mending that something that has been needing work for a year or two, stopping the kitchen tap dripping etc. etc - the list goes on and on. Us blokes do suffer!

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
..... please add your own ending. These are common orders requests - DIY projects, shopping, entertaining relatives, getting the Christmas stuff from the attic, garden jobs, cleaning her car, cleaning the windows, mending that something that has been needing work for a year or two, stopping the kitchen tap dripping etc. etc - the list goes on and on. Us blokes do suffer!
Jim,
I cannot add an ending - it is never ending....

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Update,
Friend in IDF has sent a message to let me know that I will be recieving pics of the sighting digital system they have now as opposed to the look through sighting system, so the build will be back on track soon. Tells me he has been a bit busy of late - that I think is an understatement, sent my regards to stay safe.
More later.
The sorting out went well, moved the never to be finished builds to the shed from the attic, to the garage and found a resting place for them - the attic....
Mike.

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Soooo! following on from the last update, I did recieve the said information - forget the kit and the update kit - nothing wrong with either except they are not for the IDF version...
The model has been washed in IPA, sanded and caressed back to its naked self (almost). A couple of parts were obviously broken being flimsy resin, but I expected that so no problem. The ready ammo storage either side of the lower doors was the first to get the treatment...
20231209_115623_HDR.jpg
Not very clear but restraining straps and buckles have been added..
20231209_115701_HDR.jpg
This is the scratched bulkhead and accessories, there is still one more box to add and the verticle pipe which once in place has a protective cover over it. Gone is the 'stove pipe' from the middle left. And just the odd nut and bolt and restraining straps to add.
20231209_115803_HDR.jpg
Bit blurred, but this is one of two stowage boxes, still to add the seat cushions, I will try to do a better job with the photos of the completed pair.
20231205_095929_HDR.jpg
When you look inside the left turret rear there is a rack of 16 ammo storage tubes, this is work being done with seven more to be added and the relevant 'wires' which I think loop through the nose ring of the shell. I am reliably informed they use this to hold 2ltr bottles of water.
20231205_100002_HDR.jpg
This is the rebuilt traversing wheel, sixe is about 10mm overall.
And that as the bishop said to the actress is all I have at the moment...
More later
Mike.

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Soooo! following on from the last update, I did recieve the said information - forget the kit and the update kit - nothing wrong with either except they are not for the IDF version...
The model has been washed in IPA, sanded and caressed back to its naked self (almost). A couple of parts were obviously broken being flimsy resin, but I expected that so no problem. The ready ammo storage either side of the lower doors was the first to get the treatment...
View attachment 496901
Not very clear but restraining straps and buckles have been added..
View attachment 496902
This is the scratched bulkhead and accessories, there is still one more box to add and the verticle pipe which once in place has a protective cover over it. Gone is the 'stove pipe' from the middle left. And just the odd nut and bolt and restraining straps to add.
View attachment 496903
Bit blurred, but this is one of two stowage boxes, still to add the seat cushions, I will try to do a better job with the photos of the completed pair.
View attachment 496904
When you look inside the left turret rear there is a rack of 16 ammo storage tubes, this is work being done with seven more to be added and the relevant 'wires' which I think loop through the nose ring of the shell. I am reliably informed they use this to hold 2ltr bottles of water.
View attachment 496905
This is the rebuilt traversing wheel, sixe is about 10mm overall.
And that as the bishop said to the actress is all I have at the moment...
More later
Mike.
Excellent as usual Mike. The storage tubes have given me an idea 'IF' or when I get a 1/35 Sea King. Some nice Jez tubes!! Thanks for the idea!! :thumb2:
Note, keep eye out for tubing!!!