IDF M109 'Doher'

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Amazing work.Sorry i didnt get back to you regarding the M109 Doher bits ive got from Adler.Was rather embarrased as i couldnt find it.Then low and behold i found the set yesterday when i sort of tidied my shelf.
Richard
Not a problem, I have the same issue myself, put stuff away and then cannot find it even though it is right under my nose.

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Amazing work.Sorry i didnt get back to you regarding the M109 Doher bits ive got from Adler.Was rather embarrased as i couldnt find it.Then low and behold i found the set yesterday when i sort of tidied my shelf.
Richard
Richard
PM sent
Cheers
Mike.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
The Committee headed by Matron don't normally give awards for builds in progress, but this time is an exception.

download THE DOGS.jpg

Brilliant work Wibble, congratulations.

Removing the engine unit was a hand trapping job, the fitter had to put his hand through a small opening and guide the power unit across to the right as it was lifted. At least we had a proper lifting jig. Once out the unit could then be reconnected and powered up and worked on.

Wobble

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
The Committee headed by Matron don't normally give awards for builds in progress, but this time is an exception.

View attachment 498706

Brilliant work Wibble, congratulations.

Removing the engine unit was a hand trapping job, the fitter had to put his hand through a small opening and guide the power unit across to the right as it was lifted. At least we had a proper lifting jig. Once out the unit could then be reconnected and powered up and worked on.

Wobble
On behalf of all the little people that are beavering away on this project, we thank you.... If you listen carefully you can hear them cheering....

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Truly superb detailing. Great skill and patience. To impress Matron at the mid build stage is definitely something to celebrate.
I know, I am all welled up clutching the award to my busom, blowing kisses to my producer, trying to get the director up on stage next to me - SWMBO wants to know what I am doing in her long night dress and standing on the kitchen table with the postman looking through the window....

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I know, I am all welled up clutching the award to my busom, blowing kisses to my producer, trying to get the director up on stage next to me - SWMBO wants to know what I am doing in her long night dress and standing on the kitchen table with the postman looking through the window....
now that would be a sight to see.

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Update,
So a little more work done on the interior.. All primed and ready for the base coat of white...
20240111_141928_HDR.jpg
The two tool boxes and the drivers sidewall have also been primed..
20231229_165214_HDR.jpg
But here are the boxes before priming..
Restraining straps have been added to the rear ammo storage on top of the ready racks...
20240111_141952_HDR.jpg
Left side..
20240111_142012_HDR.jpg
Right side...
And at the moment just finishing off the new instrument panel which is totally different from the US M109...
20240111_141918_HDR.jpg
It will look better after some more work and some paint....
Cheers
Mike.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Update,
So a little more work done on the interior.. All primed and ready for the base coat of white...
View attachment 499465
The two tool boxes and the drivers sidewall have also been primed..
View attachment 499466
But here are the boxes before priming..
Restraining straps have been added to the rear ammo storage on top of the ready racks...
View attachment 499467
Left side..
View attachment 499468
Right side...
And at the moment just finishing off the new instrument panel which is totally different from the US M109...
View attachment 499469
It will look better after some more work and some paint....
Cheers
Mike.
Cracking work as always

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Excellent work as per usual :smiling3:

the new instrument panel which is totally different from the US M109...
That has me wondering, and perhaps you know: do the Israelis also use the detachable instrument panel that can be fitted outside the driver’s hatch?

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Great stuff Mike. Detail painting is gonna need a steady hand.

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Excellent work as per usual :smiling3:

That has me wondering, and perhaps you know: do the Israelis also use the detachable instrument panel that can be fitted outside the driver’s hatch?
Thanks for the compliment.
The early Rochev had the original instrument panel and this was like the US version which possibly could have been the detachable one. When they re-vamped the 109 to the Doher, they put in a new instrument panel which is the one you see me trying to represent here.
But I will contact my friend in the IDF and ask him to take a look when he has a spare minute and let me know.
Mike

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
More,
The fire base dugout is now under construction...
20240127_102722_HDR.jpg
Hoping to be similar to this one...
20231015_142806_HDR.jpg
20231015_142523_HDR.jpg
Both taken from the tv, source IDF daily news report.
20240127_113554_HDR.jpgThe instrument panel is now in place...
20240127_113533_HDR.jpgAnd the first dirt covering has been laid down. This starts off as a mix of ordinary tap water and a pigment mix of my own (Brands unknown). This is then brushed onto the flat surfaces and is left until thoroughly dry. It will then be brushed of and hopefully the residue will be left in the corners and edges of the floor plates...
More later
Mike.