Il-2M3 Shturmovik (Tamiya, 1:72)

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looks really fine doesn’t it. Quite a bruiser of an aircraft.

First Name
Sebastijan aka Seb
Last update before some vacation in Greece.

Mr.Paint having a smooth satin coverage is a big plus as you don't need to gloss before decals. Luckily there isn't much of them either on these ww2 aircraft so it was a relatively quick job applying them and sealing them with Semi-matt in preparation for further weathering.

il-2-14.jpg

First Name
Sebastijan aka Seb
All good things come to an end and so did my holiday. But hey, with batteries recharged, it's time for some work on the Il-2. Working a little bit over the weekend, I can say I am mostly finished with the the undersides.

il-2-15-XL.jpg

First Name
Sebastijan aka Seb
Finished with weathering the upper sides. Combination of enamel and oil washes and watercolour pencils (starting to experiment with these). Just a few more details and she'll be finished.

il-2-16-XL.jpg

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Looks superb seb , beautiful paintwork and that canopy masking is so sharp!! Cheers tony

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Simply outstanding work Seb.

A great looking plane!

ATB.

Andrew

First Name
Sebastijan aka Seb
Thank you very much! I had a blast playing with various techniques and really love the result.

First Name
Sebastijan aka Seb
With such a nice weathering on the Il-2, I've decided to try and make a little base for it. Heavily inspired by Uncle Nightshift's work on Youtube I prepared an XPS base and used several different elements on it, from weathering pastes, dirt and rocks from the garden, to static grass and tufts. And in the end, I painted it all in black! :D Plan is, to paint everything over the weekend.

il-2-17.jpg

First Name
Sebastijan aka Seb
I've been painting the base a bit over the weekend. I will be adding more colour variation in the next few days as well as adding some puddles and stuff. It may not be perfect, but it is a great way to practice new techniques for future projects.

il-2-18-XL.jpg

First Name
Sebastijan aka Seb
Added muddy pools and algae, further played with grass greens, chernozem browns, painted the exposed rocks, etc.
I think this is it :smiling3: Soon to be posted in the gallery.

il-2-19-XL.jpg