Mercedes SLS AMG 1:24 Revell 07100.

N

Netboy

Time for a bit more of an update. Finally decided that the bits on the bonnet that I thought were part of the bonnet were actually ejector pin marks. Wasn't entirely happy with my paintwork on there anyway. So stripped, removed the ejector pin marks, all of which were in awkward places to get to especially one of them, thanks Revell. Then repainted, much happier now.

WP_20160220_09_13_04_Pro (2).jpg

I've continued with the body and attached a few bits and pieces. Unfortunately I seem to have two separate shades of red somehow, one of the doors looks a little paler.

Would you believe me if I said I was trying to replicate a dodgy respray job?

WP_20160303_10_29_34_Pro.jpg

WP_20160303_10_30_24_Pro.jpg

WP_20160303_10_30_24_Pro (2).jpg

Last edited:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
That's looking pretty good to me Del, nice work so far.

PS I can't see the shade difference in the photos on the doors.

N

Netboy

Met a slight problem with this build. If you follow the destructions in order it tells you to fit the roof lining before the dashboard. Unfortunately with the roof lining in during a trial fit I couldn't see any way in which I could fit the dashboard! I was never any good with Chinese puzzles either.

WP_20160311_22_22_45_Pro.jpg

WP_20160311_22_23_39_Pro.jpg

Last edited:
N

Netboy

Working on the dashboard at the moment. Slow and tiring work so I do a little, stop for a while and then go back. Hope to have it finished today.

WP_20160312_10_44_51_Pro.jpg

N

Netboy

Dashboard finished! Hurrah.

Slightly fiddly, found a pic on t'internet and tried to copy that.

WP_20160326_20_54_36_Pro.jpg

N

Netboy

Really feel like giving up. My missus just can't leave things alone. Every time she says I've tidied your stuff up it sends a shiver down my spine because every frickin' time I end up losing bits. Flipping brake pedal has gone.

First Name
Robert
\ said:
Really feel like giving up. My missus just can't leave things alone. Every time she says I've tidied your stuff up it sends a shiver down my spine because every frickin' time I end up losing bits. Flipping brake pedal has gone.
I know exactly what you mean when my wife says I'm going to tidy up my room I say don't Hoover as their are things that I may need.

( it's my man cave ) on the door it says DO NOT ENTER !!!! ) she even bought me the sign!!!!

By the way I'm so sorry I missed this and I have had to go back to the start of the thread .

This is just brilliant precise and clean awesome modelling.

I actually stared at the front grill for a long time. The AMG SLR is a sexy car.

I'm gonna stay on board fir the finish

Great progress ( this is a very nice looking kit )

Regards

Robert

D

Deleted member 3568

That's why when my missus makes any kind of comments about my room looking untidy I drop everything and tidy it up, been there mate I feel for you, could you not scratch one.

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Mercs looking good that paintwork is spot on look forward to the finish.

Lads I model in the loft accessed via a ladder it's well safe up there and no danger of the other half going up there:smiling3:. If my other half ever touched my WIP models her hands would nailed to a desk and beaten with an hammer for a couple of hours. ;) :D ;)Up in the loft I make as much mess as I like and walk away anytime i feel the only drawbacks it's cold in the winter and theres no kettle. So some cold thirsty modelling sessions at times:sad:

N

Netboy

\ said:
That's why when my missus makes any kind of comments about my room looking untidy I drop everything and tidy it up, been there mate I feel for you, could you not scratch one.
Yes, after walking around grouching like a bear with a sore head for a while I think this is what I'll do.

At least me and the missus are talking again.

N

Netboy

Well, one scratch built brake pedal. It's probably (almost certainly) not 100% accurate but it should fool all but the most stringent views. A little whisk over with some sand paper and a quick gob of paint and hopefully jobs a good un.WP_20160329_10_58_45_Pro.jpg