Mig 21 PF - 1.48 (Eduard Profilpack)

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Right....... Break over......... and seeing as how USS HORNET is still on it's way from the Far East I decided to break this one open.............. and it's going to be a right challenge I think. The destructions are in a nice shiny booklet but trying to identify the parts takes bloody ages.......... The numbers are sort of moulded on the sprues but not very clearly and finding each sprue (i.e. A,B, C etc) is damn near impossible ......... Apart from that, the mouldings look well detailed, with no flash, and few pin marks.............

Anyway, the front wheel well is together................. and Mig 21 PF - 921st Fighter Regiment of The Vietnam Peoples Air Force is under way.......... It'd be nice if I don't "Cock it Up".

View attachment 114768

mig21.jpg

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
\ said:
Right....... Break over......... and seeing as how USS HORNET is still on it's way from the Far East I decided to break this one open.............. and it's going to be a right challenge I think. The destructions are in a nice shiny booklet but trying to identify the parts takes bloody ages.......... The numbers are sort of moulded on the sprues but not very clearly and finding each sprue (i.e. A,B, C etc) is damn near impossible ......... Apart from that, the mouldings look well detailed, with no flash, and few pin marks.............
Anyway, the front wheel well is together................. and Mig 21 PF - 921st Fighter Regiment of The Vietnam Peoples Air Force is under way.......... It'd be nice if I don't "Cock it Up".

View attachment 125913
Get in!

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
Gawd !!!! Now I've an audience ....... No pressure :confused:

D

Deleted member 3568

Another one in the audience, I'm sneaking in the side un noticed so no added pressure, oops now I've gone and told you, oh well got me armchair me gin and whiskey (a great drink, I do dilute it with vodka though)

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

got me as a watcher. The eduard 21s are excellent and the best in any scale

John

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
I just spent two hours putting the gunfight or radar screen (or whatever the Damon thing is). Four itty bitty little bits that proper stretched my limited modelling skills and tried my patience to breaking point........:mad:.........But I`'ve done it. All the rest of the cockpit parts are cleaned up,tomorrow I can get a bit of paint on...........Then I can do battle with the PE .........

First Name
Neil
Curse you! Now I have to get a move on, this is the one and scheme I am doing for group build! I know what you mean about the sprues, but I just realised, if you dab some white paint (or colour of your preference), then just paint over the A, B, C etc (when you can find it anyway!).

I did wonder if I could get away with forgetting some of the parts I have to say. If you wait until I catch up, you can watch and learn how not to do it :P

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
Curse you! Now I have to get a move on, this is the one and scheme I am doing for group build! I know what you mean about the sprues, but I just realised, if you dab some white paint (or colour of your preference), then just paint over the A, B, C etc (when you can find it anyway!).
I did wonder if I could get away with forgetting some of the parts I have to say. If you wait until I catch up, you can watch and learn how not to do it :P
Believe me Neil, I only just started, and I`m way ahead in "Learning how not to do it" :D

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
1st stage of the cockpit is done. Not much to it.............. The PE for the instruments behaved itself, so I'm quite happy with the result............... The side instrument/control panels are the next assembly and fit into the fuselage sides rather than the cockpit floor. ........ If I could take a decent photo I'd be even happier.

View attachment 114964

View attachment 114965

View attachment 114966

View attachment 114967

View attachment 114968

View attachment 114969

View attachment 114970

DSCN1648.JPG

DSCN1649.JPG

DSCN1650.JPG

DSCN1650-001.JPG

DSCN1651.JPG

DSCN1652.JPG

DSCN1653.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Looks pretty good to me. Lots of detail in there, nicely done so far.

First Name
Robert
Excellent start Peter lots of detail in such a small area

I'm on board for this one

Regards

Robert

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
Thanks Fellas ......... Much appreciated.

D

dougie

That's a good job, looks like a difficult piece to make and paint

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
That's a good job, looks like a difficult piece to make and paint
It tried my patience a little.....Thanks Dougie.

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

Looks great to me. The dials look really detailed.

John

PhilJ

SMF Supporter
First Name
Phil
Blimey Peter I always wondered why you called yourself takeslousyphotos, now I know!

Come on mate let's have a proper look at it I'm looking forward to this one.

Cheers

Phil

First Name
Robert
With the lighter in the pic it gives you a scale of how small the cockpit detail is, saying that it also shows the great detail more and the time you have taken to paint such.

Great pics Peter

Regards

Robert