Mig 21 PF - 1.48 (Eduard Profilpack)

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
\ said:
Great work so far Peter. Looks like you got the hang of that PE work, very nicely done.
Thanks Joe. Your comments are very much appreciated.

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
The various assemblies are now in the fuselage half ............... I've dry fitted the two halves together and they are a good tight fit. The seams seem to align perfectly so I don't think we are going to be filling much if any......... Alve already painted the nose and applied the decal, two coats of matt. As that would be impossible to paint once the fuselage is together....... I have a card tube that'll slide over it to mask it when I prime and paint............ Now I know there is plenty of room for a nose weight I can do that then button it up.

View attachment 116232

View attachment 116233

View attachment 116234

View attachment 116235

DSCN1932.JPG

DSCN1935.JPG

DSCN1937.JPG

DSCN1938.JPG

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Great looking work Peter. Good idea using a tube over the nose cone.

First Name
Neil
ooh, good idea on the cone - wait, I use a brush! Still, better to paint the cone and put the decal on before fitting... You can put the weight in the cone too by the looks of it.

That cockpit is looking excellent and after spending what seems like the last 6 weekends doing anything but models, it's football season kick-off and I am going to embed myself in the man-cave - my wife is going to need a large pry bar to get me out of it Grrr - well so long as she doesn't see this :rolleyes:

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
1st stage of the cockpit is done. Not much to it.............. The PE for the instruments behaved itself, so I'm quite happy with the result............... The side instrument/control panels are the next assembly and fit into the fuselage sides rather than the cockpit floor. ........ If I could take a decent photo I'd be even happier.
Is that it, all that moaning for 3 bits of plastic :smiling3: :smiling3: :D :D and a bit of black paint. Seriously its looking good chap, crack on - watching this one

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
...... And i posted my post and then the other photos popped up :oops::rolleyes: , looking very good

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
...... And i posted my post and then the other photos popped up :oops::rolleyes: , looking very good
You are forgiven. :D

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
Great looking work Peter. Good idea using a tube over the nose cone.
Thanks Joe ....... It's the only way I could see to do it.

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

I like the stenciling on the green nose cone. A nice but subtle contrast between the red and dark green. Nice work there. I would like to see how the fuselage goes together and how much of the pit can be seen in the end.

Just an odd thought - can you pack the actual hollow of the nose cone with the weight powder stuff and leave it? technically, you will need less weight if you go more forward, which is what the nose cone is-the most forward part of the aircraft

John

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
ooh, good idea on the cone - wait, I use a brush! Still, better to paint the cone and put the decal on before fitting... You can put the weight in the cone too by the looks of it.
That cockpit is looking excellent and after spending what seems like the last 6 weekends doing anything but models, it's football season kick-off and I am going to embed myself in the man-cave - my wife is going to need a large pry bar to get me out of it Grrr - well so long as she doesn't see this :rolleyes:
I use a brush as well Neil, but there will be a sprayed primer coat, and sealing coat out of a can.......... Thanks for the comments.

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
Pulled up my chair a bit late, but I like your work :smiling3:
Adrian
....... Better to arrive late than never at all Adrian............ Good to have you along,, and thanks for yopur kind comment.

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
I like the stenciling on the green nose cone. A nice but subtle contrast between the red and dark green. Nice work there. I would like to see how the fuselage goes together and how much of the pit can be seen in the end.
Just an odd thought - can you pack the actual hollow of the nose cone with the weight powder stuff and leave it? technically, you will need less weight if you go more forward, which is what the nose cone is-the most forward part of the aircraft

John
I fear there isn't going to be much on show one it's buttoned up, unless you peer in closely ........ As for the weight I thought maybe just shoving some Miliput in there would be heavy enough?

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

\ said:
I fear there isn't going to be much on show one it's buttoned up, unless you peer in closely ........ As for the weight I thought maybe just shoving some Miliput in there would be heavy enough?
yeah-you're probably right- but I always like to be on the safe side and chuck in as much as I can without breaking the undercarriage!:confused:

M

My Model Car Workshop

Hope I haven't missed the band wagon Peter, only just seen this, through Neil's link on his cricket comments post. That cockpit looks fantastic and so does the rest so far. I take it that it isn't an ejector seat? Kami kazie pilots don't need them anyway. :eek:

Anyway, I'm on board with this now. Keep up the good work.

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
Hope I haven't missed the band wagon Peter, only just seen this, through Neil's link on his cricket comments post. That cockpit looks fantastic and so does the rest so far. I take it that it isn't an ejector seat? Kami kazie pilots don't need them anyway. :eek:
Anyway, I'm on board with this now. Keep up the good work.
No worries Geoff.......... There's still plenty of time on this mate.............. Thanks for your comments.

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
.......and now I have a question???? I hope someone can answer. On the underside inboard wings there are two lights.The kit supplies two masks which are on and I need to paint from behind before I apply the paint for the undercarriage wells. So, the question these two lights. Would the be floods of some kind or underside navigation lights ???? .......... My gut feellng is that they are flood lights to aid underside inspection / arming ......... But I really don't know.

View attachment 116591

DSCN1940.JPG